Short film and script contest giving filmmakers increased global exposure through our social media presence. Winning shorts will also be considered by Hollywood insiders seeking new talent and feature film adaptation deals.
Awards & Prizes
PRIZES FOR BEST SHORT FILM:
The winning short film will be promoted to our Hollywood contacts who will consider your work for representation or adaptation deals.
* OPTIONAL: If your film is available for public viewing, we'll also add it to our curated Showcase and promote it on our high traffic web presence and social media profiles to give you an additional boost of exposure to audiences and other industry professionals worldwide.
PRIZES FOR BEST SHORT SCREENPLAY:
MONTHLY: The winning short script will be sent out to our contacts in Hollywood who will consider you for representation or adaptation rights. Depending on scheduling and interest, we'll also send your script to directors who may be interested in shooting a script in your genre.
PLUS: The winning scripts of our monthly rounds will be entered into the annual competition for a chance to win the Short Screenplay Award and a $500 cash prize.
Rules & Terms
1. We are a GREEN competition: To reduce waste, only electronic submissions are accepted. Physical submissions are NOT accepted. Your Short Film must be uploaded to Vimeo (either public or a private screener using a shared password). Short scripts must be submitted in PDF format.
2. By submitting your film or script, you confirm that you own 100% of the rights to the work. If the work's copyright is held by more than one person, the submitter must have the written consent of all other owners prior to submitting.
For short films only: If the entrant, for any reason, prefers NOT to have their film made available on the public Just 4 Shorts Showcase, the entrant is responsible for notifying the competition administrators.
3. Scripts must be written in English. Films may originate from anywhere in the world. However, if the film has dialogue which is required to understand the narrative in any language other than English, then English subtitles must be included.
4. Entrant must be 18 years of age or older. (Entrants between the ages of 13 to 18 may enter with a written letter of consent from a legal guardian.)
5. The short film/script must be less than 40 minutes/pages in length to qualify.
6. Any decisions made by the judges and/or competition administrators must be considered final and cannot be disputed.
7. The competition and its administrators shall not be liable for any typographical errors.
8. Entry fees must be paid in US Dollars and are nonrefundable. The winner is responsible for filing income taxes on any cash prizes that may be received if any is received.
9. Entry must be received by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on the date of the deadline specified.
10. All rights to the submitted material will remain with the entrant. The contest administrators and operators DO NOT claim any rights to the material submitted to the competition.