Cyprus International Film Festival (CYIFF) takes place annually, under the umbrella of Cultural International Festivals in cooperation with CINE@ART FESTIVALS network, on the beautiful Mediterranean island of Cyprus. The main location of the event is Pafos or Paphos. In 2018, the festival celebrates the birthplace of Goddess Aphrodite in Pafos and several artistic events will take place during the festival. You can express your interest and apply with your artistic proposal regarding the Goddess Aphrodite to firstname.lastname@example.org
History: The festival was inaugurated on March 23, 2006 by the Cypriot Minister of Education and Culture Mr Pefkios Georgiades and was held in three cities, Larnaca, Limassol and Nicosia with the cooperation of K-Cineplex.
In 2012, the event was hosted in K-Cineplex in Pafos and the following years in Neapolis Amphitheatre in Pafos.
The Cyprus International Film Festival is the biggest of artistic high value independent cinema event of the whole region, spilling over Cyprus boundaries and spreading over the whole region with repercussions reaching worldwide. CΥIFF is the first internationally oriented film festival which offers new and upcoming directors in multiple sectors of entertainment (such as feature films, short films, animations, music videos, dance, experimental films and video art) the opportunity to showcase their talent in front of a jury of internationally acclaimed cinema experts, directors and actors. CYIFF has a competitive section.
Films produced the last 36 months, by emerging directors are selected for the screening program.
Women filming in Cyprus and Greece can submit their film to compete for the Aphrodite Cinematic Award. There is no restriction regarding the production year, the genre or the duration of the film in this specific category.
Highlights video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYLfPp0qorI
Rules & Terms
The festival is dedicated exclusively to the emerging independent filmmakers who are going to present the screening of their film. With the competition section of first feature films in the category "Golden Aphrodite" and first short films in the category “CYIFF Got Talent", the festival's motto is the following: “The Best of the First!”.
• Only First, Second and Third Feature Films are eligible to participate for the “Golden Aphrodite Award”.
• All other feature films are eligible for the “CYPress Veteran`s Award”.
• Only First Short films are eligible to participate for the “CYIFF GOT TALENT Award”.
• All other short films are eligible for the "CYIFF Short Films Awards".
CYIFF General Categories:
• Feature Films (up to 120 minutes) – all genres (including animation and documentaries produced the last 36 months)
• Short Films (up to 20 minutes) – all genres (including animation and documentaries produced the last 36 months)
• "Women filming in Cyprus" are eligible for the Aphrodite Cinematic Award (no restriction in production year, genre or duration)