This is our 9th year, and our 14th film festival. Since our festival began in 2009, we have shown over 650 films, and many of them have gone on to win awards in major festivals throughout the world.
Our festival is for short films that are 15 minutes or less, produced anywhere in the United States. We welcome narratives, documentaries, PSAs, web series, trailers, and animation. (No music videos). Equal and fair consideration is given to all filmmakers, regardless of where you live, or the size of your budget.
The films chosen for our festival are produced by filmmakers of all experience levels, from students, to seasoned professionals. Our program is selected by a panel of five judges, who carefully grade each film on its technical merits, acting, script, and entertainment value. The films with good audio and strong stories have the greatest chance of being selected. We normally receive around 200 entries, and select about 40 of the best films for our show. These “Official Selections” will all receive “festival laurels”, and compete for additional awards.
Filmmakers are encouraged to come and introduce their film, and to participate in a Q&A afterwards. Our screening room at COMFORT SUITES seats 100, and tickets to all shows are FREE for anyone who wishes to attend...parking is free also! Bring your whole cast, crew, and friends too! The general public is also invited to attend FREE with the donation of one non-perishable food item for the SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK.
Awards & Prizes
OVER TWO DOZEN AWARDS WILL BE PRESENTED DURING THE FESTIVAL. We will announce winners during the festival, after each block of films is shown.
--Winners WHO ARE PRESENT at the festival will receive a trophy and framed Award Certificate.
--Winners who are NOT present will receive their Award Certificate by email. (No trophy or frame).
--All winners will receive “Winner” laurels.
Rules & Terms
(1.)Your film must be no harsher than an "R" rating.
(2.) Films may have been produced any year.
(3.) We accept films from anywhere in the U.S.
(4.) No premiere requirements.
(5.) Project may have distribution.
(6.) We no longer accept DVDs. Your preview and exhibition copies must be made available to us as a downloadable MP4.
(7) Your downloadable MP4 exhibition copy must be made available to us no later than April 8, 2017 to be included in our show reels.
(8.) Press Kits are not required. We will use the information and stills from your online press kit.
(9) No film may be withdrawn from the festival after the Official Selections have been announced.
(10) We do not pay "screening fees".
(11) Filmmakers attending our film festival must provide their own transportation, housing, meals, and expenses.
(12) Maximum running time of any entry shall not exceed 15-minutes, including credits.
(13) We do not screen "Music Videos".
(14) We are a small festival on a shoestring budget, and therefore cannot grant fee waivers. Please do not ask.
(15) No refunds of entry fees.