ONLY for films produced in the U.S.
Our festival takes place in Palm Bay, Florida, a small community on the Atlantic Coast, two hours east of Orlando.
Our festival is for short films that are 15 minutes or less, produced anywhere in the United States. We welcome narratives, documentaries, PSAs, web series, trailers, and animation. (Sorry, no music videos or foreign films). Equal and fair consideration is given to ALL filmmakers, regardless of where you live, or the size of your budget.
The films chosen for our festival are produced by filmmakers of all experience levels, from students, to seasoned professionals. Winners are selected by a panel of five judges, who carefully grade each film on its technical merits, acting, script, and entertainment value. The films with good audio and strong stories have the greatest chance of being selected. These “Official Selections” will all receive “festival laurels”, and will compete for awards such as "Best Cinematography", "Best Editing", and several other categories. Winners are announced immediately after the screenings, during our Q&A sessions.
Traveling to film festivals can be VERY expensive, so if you can't make it here to Palm Bay, don't worry. This will NOT affect the judging of your film in any fashion. "Official Selections" are chosen based on the merits of the FILMS, and NOT on "where you live". We love to show films from all over the U.S.
Our screening room at COMFORT SUITES seats 100, and tickets to all shows are FREE for anyone who wishes to attend. (Parking is free also!) So bring your whole cast, crew, and friends too! We also invite the general public to attend FREE with the donation of one non-perishable food item for the SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK.
Awards & Prizes
Award certificates will be presented in numerous categories, such as "Best Web Series"; "Best PSA"; "Best Documentary"; "Best Animation"; "Best Movie Trailer"; "Best Director"; "Best Short", and in many other categories. Winners who are unable to pick up their award in person will receive an "E-Certificate" via email.
Rules & Terms
(1.)Your film must be no harsher than an "R" rating.
(2.) Films may have been produced any year.
(3.) We accept films from anywhere in the U.S.
(4.) No premiere requirements.
(5.) Project may have distribution.
(6.) We no longer accept DVDs. Your preview and exhibition copies must be made available to us as a downloadable MP4.
(7) If you are notified that your film is an "Official Selection", your downloadable MP4 exhibition copy must be made available to us no later than Oct 30, 2017 to be included in our show reels. If we cannot contact you, or have no way to download your MP4, we reserve the right to replace your film with another entry.
(8.) Press Kits are not required. We will use the information and stills from your online press kit.
(9) No film may be withdrawn from the festival after the Official Selections have been announced.
(10) We do not pay "screening fees".
(11) Filmmakers attending our film festival must provide their own transportation, housing, meals, and expenses.
(12) Maximum running time of any entry shall not exceed 15-minutes, including credits.
(13) We do not screen "Music Videos" or films produced outside of the US.
(14) Sorry, no fee waivers Please do not ask.
(15) No refunds of entry fees.
Response from festival:
Thank you SO much for your kind words. We are a small festival in a small community, so it is VERY difficult to fill those empty seats in the audience. But we try our best, putting in long hours, with very limited resources. Our filmmakers put their heart and soul into making their movie, and there is nothing more gratifying than to have an audience to watch it.
We are glad to help.