Coachella Valley International Film Festival is preparing for our first fantastic festival of independent filmmaking from June 23 - 24, 2016, under the stars.
CVIFF is dedicated to celebrating the works of independent filmmakers from around the world, and we pay special attention to ultra low-budget films by first and second-time directors.
Prizes are awarded in the following categories:
FILM AWARD CATEGORIES:
Low-budget Feature Film (budget over $150k)
Micro-budget Feature (budget under $150k)
No-Budget Feature (budget under $50k)
Horror / Sci-Fi Short
Short Short (under 5 minutes)
SCREENPLAY AWARD CATEGORIES:
2016 FULL TERMS OF ENTRY
Exhibiting filmmaker (“Exhibitor”) represents and warrants that:
1. All persons who are featured in the film have given unrestricted permission for use of their images, words, and performances, waiving or assigning to Exhibitor all rights including but not limited to copyrights and moral rights.
2. To the extent any pre-existing material is used in the film that is not original to Exhibitor, except brief clips of video and/or audio material used only to the extent reasonably necessary for purposes of public criticism, commentary and documentary reporting relevant to the thesis of the film, Exhibitor has obtained unrestricted permission from all rights holders for use of the material in the film and for display and performance of the film or any portions thereof in any and all venues and media, including for promotional purposes.
3. Films which have been broadcast on Television, Cable or have had an international theatrical release prior to the Coachella Valley International Film Festival are NOT eligible for any competition but may be screened, out of competition.
4. All materials submitted to CVIFF are otherwise the original work of Exhibitor (and its employees, if any), and not of any third party.
5. Exhibitor has good and marketable title to the entire submitted work. Exhibitor shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless CVIFF from any and all liability, loss, costs, damage, judgment, or expense (including reasonable attorney’s fees) resulting from or arising in any way out of any such claims by any third parties that are based upon, or are the result of any breach of the warranties in this Exhibition Agreement.
6. If selected to be showcased during the event, all screening copies must be received by April 4th, 2016.
7. CVIFF cannot return DVD entries under any circumstances.
By completing the online entry form, Exhibitor constitutes his/her full and complete CVIFF terms of Entry.
If your film or music video is selected for exhibition, please be advised that the Festival will require:
• For feature-length and short films: DCP (must be DCI compliant)
• For music videos, high school shorts, web series, and alternative online content: Quicktime Files (Native Resolution, using Pro-Res 422 Codec) on DVD Data Disc or Hard Drive
• Digital press kits with photo stills (color and black/white)
• Headshots of director(s) and writer(s)
• 1 sentence publicity synopsis of the film; 150-word synopsis of the film
• Trailers, clip reels, posters, postcards, and EPKs, if available, to maximize exposure for your film
FEEDBACK: Unfortunately, due to the volume of submissions, we are unable to provide individualized feedback to filmmakers at this time.