CUT TO: GENT is the annual short film festival by and for emerging filmmakers. It combines quality short film programs and interactive Q&As to support and promote up-and-coming film talent you need to know.
Besides exhibiting work, CUT TO: GENT is also a vibrant meeting ground for creative souls who are passionate about film and want to expand their network.
The sixth edition will take place 14—17 September 2023 at Sphinx Cinema, Ghent.
Submit your (360) short film until the end of April 2023. The festival team selects regardless of genre, technique or budget. Classic or daring.
• All submissions should not exceed 25 minutes of duration (including credits).
• All submissions must have been completed after September, 2021.
• Films submitted in previous years will not be accepted for submission.
• All submissions must be submitted by first- and second-time directors.
• All films must have English subtitles. Non-subtitled or dubbed foreign language films will not be considered.
• Only complete entries will be accepted. This includes the non-refundable entry fee, a completed entry form and a screener.
• Films previously screened publicly in Ghent may not be eligible for competition, but could be included in special non-competitive sections.
• You will not be eligible for any refund of submission fees for any reason once your film is in “In Consideration” status on the platform FilmFreeway.
• All clearances must be obtained for exhibition.
• Selected filmmakers must provide a DCP. The festival charges a fee for making a DCP.
By participating, permission is granted to exhibit the audiovisual work(s) during the 2023 edition of the CUT TO: GENT short film festival. For all the screenings, no compensation for author’s or other rights can be claimed. When exhibited, the name of the director and the country of production will always be mentioned.
Every participant guarantees that they fully is the rightful claimant of the participating work(s) and that it concerns an original work and not a reproduction or a copy of an existing work. CUT TO: GENT cannot accept any responsibility for possible infringements of the copyright of third parties and it cannot be held responsible in case of copyright abuse.
Submission of a film implies that the filmmaker accepts the regulations.
Questions: Please visit the website at www.cuttogent.be or email: email@example.com.