The CUT TO: GENT Short Film Festival is organised by a collective of filmmakers committed to serving new voices in the audiovisual field. Each year, the festival brings together (international) filmmakers in various venues of film city Ghent and offers audiences an inspiring mix of audiovisual gems combined with q&as, talks and a networking brunch.
Submissions for the 7th edition of the CUT TO: GENT Short Film Festival will open on 15 February 2024.
Your submission will be considered for our competitive and non-competitive sections. Please read the Rules and Terms carefully. Hope to see you at the festival!
• All submissions should not exceed 25 minutes of duration (including credits).
• All submissions must have been completed after May, 2023.
• Films submitted in previous years will not be accepted for submission.
• All submissions must have English subtitles attached. Non-subtitled or dubbed foreign language films will not be considered.
• Only complete submissions will be accepted. This includes the non-refundable entry fee, a completed submission form and a screener of the film attached.
• Films previously screened publicly in Ghent may not be eligible for competition, but could be included in special non-competitive sections.
• Films available via online streaming can no longer be submitted.
• You will not be eligible for any refund of submission fees for any reason once your film is in “In Consideration” status on the platform FilmFreeway.
• All clearances of intellectual property must be obtained for exhibition by the time of the first public screening of the film.
• Selected filmmakers must provide a DCP. The festival organisers may charge a fee for making a DCP.
By participating, permission is granted to exhibit the audiovisual work(s) during the 2024 edition of the CUT TO: GENT Short Film Festival. For all the screenings, no compensation for author’s or other rights can be claimed. When exhibited, the name of the director and the country of production will always be mentioned.
Every participant guarantees that they fully is the rightful claimant of the participating work(s) and that it concerns an original work and not a reproduction or a copy of an existing work. CUT TO: GENT cannot accept any responsibility for possible infringements of the copyright of third parties and it cannot be held responsible in case of copyright abuse.
Submission of a film implies that the filmmaker accepts the Rules and Terms. If you have any questions, please visit our website at www.cuttogent.be or email: email@example.com.