Founded since 2012, Chaktomuk Short Film Festival(CSFF) is the first and largest short film festival in Cambodia, organized by Sunflower Film Alliance - a collective of young filmmakers. Held annually in Phnom Penh, CSFF aims at sensitizing audiences to the art of cinema, promoting innovative international filmmaking in various forms, and presenting quality productions made in Cambodia by domestic and international filmmakers. With its interruption last year, due to the current pandemic, our X-Edition will merge those entries from 2020 and commits to happen - either in a physical or online format.
🏆 Best Cambodian Short Film
🏆 Second Place Cambodian Short Film
🏆 Best Cambodian Cover MV
🏆 Best Cambodian Original MV
🏆 Audience Award for Local Short Film
🏆 Audience Award for International Short Film
1. Eligibility requirements
- The submitter is solely responsible for any legal issues related to, but not limited to copyright of the film.
- The film has to be English subtitled unless the spoken language is English.
- All international submissions need an English language script attached.
- The film has to be completed on or after January 2020.
- Films previously submitted to Chaktomuk Short Film Festival (except in 2020) are not eligible for consideration.
- The film should be less than thirty minutes in length.
2. Submission Guidelines
- All films selected for Chaktomuk Short Film Festival will be screened on DCP unless otherwise arranged by the programming team or submitting filmmakers.
- Only completed entries (including submission fees for international films) will be considered.
All entries must be submitted online by the 08th of June 2021.
4. Selection and Judgment
- Submitted films will be selected for festival presentation by Chaktomuk Short Film Festival programmers.
- The filmmakers of the selected films will be contacted by phone or emailed by the festival team.
- Submitting filmmakers will be notified before or on July 15th, 2021.
- Competing films (Cambodian and international) will be respectively judged by both the jury before the festival and on-site audience during the festival.