The Cinema Street Women’s Short Screenplay Competition invites women screenwriters to submit short screenplays (20 minutes and under) to CinemaStreet Pictures for production consideration. The winning screenplay will be receive $1,000 for a two-year option to produce the script.
$1,000 for two-year option
• Applicants must be female-identified.
• Applicants may be from any country, but screenplays must be written in English.
• Submissions must be 20 pages or less, in customary screenplay format, and typed in no less than 10 point font. (No script fragments, treatments, synopses, TV scripts, stage plays, book excerpts, or documentaries.)
• Screenplays by more than one writer will be considered, but all writers must be female-identified.
• Applicants may submit as many screenplays as desired, with a separate application and submission fee for each screenplay submitted.
• Screenplays across all genres of fiction (drama, comedy, horror, action, thriller, science fiction, animation, musical, etc.) are eligible. Scripts may be about any topic, but MUST HAVE A SIGNIFICANT FEMALE CHARACTER.
• CinemaStreet seeks submissions from all racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural groups.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER
The following materials are required for your application and must be submitted electronically:
• Basic Information (name, email address, contact phone number, mailing address)
• Two or three sentence description of screenplay
• PDF of a narrative screenplay, 20 PAGES OR LESS screenplay