"Cinedanza Festival" is an International Screendance Contest and Festival. It'll take place in Modena (October 23rd, 24th, 25th) and is organized by Drama Teatro, Supercinema Estivo and Circolo Ribalta.
The aim of "Cinedanza Festival" is to promote screendance in Italy through a competition and a three-days-festival. You'll see films from all over the world and talk with dancers, choreographers, directors, video-makers and artists from Italy and Europe.
Lectures, meetings, screenings and much more!
Cinedanza Festival wants to become a point of reference for Italian artists and not only, a festival in which to deepen the screendance and the related arts.
This second edition has 2 juryes: the Official Jury and the Young Jury.
The Official Jury awards the following prizes:
1) € 800
2) € 400
3) € 200
But there is more! Since Cinedanza has other two partners, the 3 selected films will be screened in 3 more locations and festivals:
Circolo Ribalta in Vignola (winter 2020)
Nonantola Film Festival (spring 2021)
Supercinema Estivo in Modena (summer 2021)
The Young Jury will choose 3 films that will be screened together with the films chosen by the Official Jury.
- All Films must be submitted to the Cinedanza Festival by 24th August 2020
- The films will undergo a pre-selection by an artistic committee. The organization will notify the results to the participants by 20th September 2020.
- Maximum film length is 10 minutes
- The films must be produced after 1st January 2017, we're interested in the last four years of screendance world
- The films have to be subtitled in italian or english
> COMPLETE RULES <
> The Official Jury <
- Angela Fumarola, artistic director for dance projects at Armunia (www.armunia.eu)
- Dorin Mihai, photographer. It is formed in information technology. Photojournalist since 2011, in 2014 the meeting with the choreographer Claudio Gasparotto brings him closer to dance and stage photography, with an assiduous and permanent collaboration.
- Esmeralda Calabria, director and film editor (David di Donatello for Habemus Papam) has worked in more than 40 films from 1993 untill today.
> The Young Jury <
- Maximum 7 members
- Under 35 yo
- Chosen by Artistic Committee and CLAUDIA LÖFFELHOLZ (in charge of the Higher Education School of the Modena Arti Visive Foundation - Photography Foundation)
By submitting your work to this festival, you give permission for us to screen the film at our official venue and to use your posters/trailers/marketing materials for the promotion of the festival.
Each author is responsible for the content of the submitted work and claims to be the owner of all rights (direct and indirect) of the work.