COVID-19 UPDATE - CFSN is currently online due to COVID-19 restrictions so the screening event with on April 2021 is provisional (The event date listed may change) .
As part of our ongoing support to emerging filmmakers we have decided to host the 2nd edition of the Central Florida ShortNight. As a level of outreach for emerging filmmakers we will be providing a full service event in 2021 screening short films from all over the world. This is the perfect industry night for local and international filmmakers, art lovers and people of the community.
We hope to support and engage the creative community in central Florida and start building new connections with the residents here. Whether you are a young creative or simply a resident Orlando Florida, we invite you to celebrate the skills of emergent filmmakers and to take part in a night of sharing stories. We believe that the talent involved in this event deserves real exposure in this community.
For this event, we will screen local and international short films on March 21st in Orlando,Florida and there will be an Audience Award for 6 categories: Best Film, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Sound Design. We hope that through this project, we can engage the community in Central Florida and also build a connection between the residents and the young creatives.
We understand and appreciate the struggles that emerging filmmakers experience. With tight budgets and limited resources, it is often difficult for them to get their work noticed by large audiences. As a result, we are hoping to provide exposure to these filmmakers.
Submit now and get discovered
1. BEST NARRATIVE SHORT FILM
2. BEST SHORT ANIMATION
3. BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY (All Categories)
4. BEST DIRECTOR (All Categories)
5. BEST SOUND DESIGN (All Categories)
6. BEST STUDENT FILM FROM CENTRAL FLORIDA (Short Narrative Film)
7. BEST NARRATIVE SHORT FILM (All Categories)
8. BEST OF FLORIDA (Short Narrative film)
1) We accept short films made in 2017 and up.
Films are split into three divisions - Short narrative Films: maximum 30 minutes, Short Documentaries: maximum 30 minutes & Short animation Films: maximum 30 minutes.
Festival accepts secure online screener like vimeo.
2) Entry of a film in multiple categories is allowed but in such cases, it is necessary to pay the entry fee for each category.
3) English subtitle is compulsory for all Non-English films.
4) All movies are downloaded for live screen viewing; we do not share your movies.
5) The movie rated as “Best of each category” will receive trophy. The winners must contact us within 15 days after the notification to get the prize.
6) The winners get the trophy at no cost only if they attend the award event. However, all the winners will be able to receive our official certificate (PDF format) and trophie for a small fee. All the semi-finalist will be notify via email and will be able to get certificates and trophy for a small fee.
7) Entry fees are non-refundable.
8) The decision of jury members will be final and accepted by all. No inquiries or arguments will be entertained. The organizers reserve the right not to award any or all of the prizes.
9) The applicant agrees to have read and accepted the rules & regulations for participation in the Central Florida ShortNight.
The applicant confirms that he/she has the requisite authority or has obtained the requisite authority from the producer/right holder to enter this film in the Central Florida ShortNight. Furthermore, an applicant formally declares possession to all rights regarding screening of the film.
Under NO circumstance, the authorities of Central Florida ShortNight will not entertain or be answerable to anyone else apart from the applicant.
10) All submissions in personal categories (like “best actor” or “best director”) need the name of the person you are registering to the category. You can send us your submissions with the cover letter. The name must match with the real person who covers the role.
11) While submitting the movie the applicant accepts the sharing of trailer, pictures, and posters of the movie on our social page, website, and other media platforms. If the applicant objects to this, notification by email is necessary.
12) We do not answer questions about the selection, as our judges have the final say over movie selections.
13) We can withdraw the selection or award of any candidate at any time if the above rules are not respected.
14) We do not grant waivers.
15) No premiere requirement.