The Film Festival will showcase the films on tribal heroes primarily. Beside tribal heroes, the films based on the themes of tribal culture, art, religion, architecture, Philosophy, traditions, mythology, history, life-style, food, costumes, Jewelry, sports and various aspects associated with them will also be showcased in the festival. Alongside, there would be exhibitions on tribal paintings, photos, sculptures, instruments and programmes on tribal dance and music. Free workshops on writing, lyrics writing and composing film and TV music would be organized for the youth attending the festival. Television script writer, lyricist and film composer will conduct these workshops. These workshops aim at providing a guidance to the upcoming filmmakers should make films on tribal art and culture.
Though it’s a non-competitive festival in its first year and we will introduce competition section in coming editions; but we make sure to felicitate the participants attending the festival with “Mementos & Certificates” at the closing ceremony. The festival directorate will provide only a decent hotel/guest house accommodation to the attending participants. In case of participant not attending the fest then the soft copy of the “Certificate of Excellence” will be sent to their respective email addresses.
If the film is related to tribes and tribal life but because of some reason doesn’t get selected for the screening and participant wish to attend the festival then the festival directorate can take a decision to have a separate screening for those films.
• Entry for film is free. One participant can send as many entries he/she likes, but with separate entry forms, synopsis/description, still photo, press kit should be enclosed.
• Please be sure there’s no copyright issues to the film entry. If any copyright issue occurs related to selected film, the festival organizers will not be responsible for that. It should be dealt solely by the submitter/producer of the film.
• Running time for feature is minimum 46 and maximum 120, short should not exceed 45 min but minimum it can be 1 min. Animation can be 1 min. minimum to 90 min. maximum. But if any film which suits to the festival subject we can consider no time limit for it.
• The film can be documentary, fiction or animation. The original film may be produced on 35mm, 16mm, HD, DG Beta, Beta SP, Beta, U-Matic, DV, DVD, Mobile but the film screening will be digital projection only with stereo/mono sounds.
• All films must be submitted on-line for consideration by the Selection Committee. If entries are sent in the form of DVD, entries must be sent prepaid to the Postal Address and, with proper protection and it should be insured as the organizer will not reimburse any lost or damage.
• There's no formal entry form but a completed information page must accompany each entry.
• Please notify us by mail, fax or email if any changes in the address of the submitter.
• The Festival committee has the right to accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
• The BBMITFF reserves the right to use excerpts and pictures from the film for promotion and public relation purposes.
• The film can be in any language, but it should be subtitled in English. Even if the language of the film is English, it should contain the subtitles.