Welcome to the fifth annual Atlanta High School Film Festival! This is a festival for high school and middle school students in the southern US. Hosted by The Westminster School’s StudioW production studio, the festival is an opportunity for student filmmakers to showcase their films and gain recognition for their work.
All high school and middle school students in the states & regions below are welcome to submit!
GA, FL, AL, SC, NC, MS, TN, KY, VA, WV, MD, DE, LA, AR, TX, OK, MO, DC
Best Special Effects
Best Georgia Film
Best Young Filmmaker (Middle School)
Additional awards possible, to be announced at the festival
Please read all the rules and requirements before submitting your project:
1. The film’s director(s) must graduate in or after 2020. If having graduated in 2020 or 2021, the film's director(s) must have been a high school or middle school student when the film was made.
2. The film's director(s) must have resided in one of the following states in the southern United States when the film was made: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, District of Columbia.
3. You may submit as many submissions as you would like, but films submitted before the priority deadline will be considered for screening first.
4. There are no limits on how many people can work on the film. Please list all contributors to your film on your FilmFreeway project page.
5. All copyrighted material used in your submission, including but not limited to music, images, titles, and footage, MUST be properly licensed. You must have permission and/or the proper rights to all content submitted. Please contact us if you are unsure.
6. Movies that contain nudity, gratuitous violence, excessive profanity, and/or derogatory and offensive intent will not be considered.
7. If you choose to submit with a YouTube link, we will request a downloadable link for your film if selected. You must send this link in order for your film to be screened.
8. Please keep film files 4GB or under.
9. The time (or page) limit for all submissions is 30 minutes (or pages), but excerpts of longer films are permitted.