Myself Arindam Barooah, hailing from Duliajan, Assam, India. I’ve done my schooling and graduation in Engineering from Kendriya Vidyalaya, Duliajan and Gauhati University, India respectively. When I was a child, I had a craze on watching movies but didn’t have any interest on venturing into Filmmaking. Gradually as time passes, my fondness turns into interest. It was in the year 2014, I actually started transforming my dream of being a Filmmaker into existence when I shot my first short movie, titled, ‘Eti Notun Prabhat: A New Dawn’ based on Love & Sacrifice. A turning point for me indeed. 'Akanksha: An Impassioned Desire' and a travelogue documentary, ‘Exploring Namphake (An emblem of Beauty &Tradition)are my second & third projects respectively and so on. I have also assisted an Assamese Film maker in his both Feature (North Bank, 2014, Language: Assamese, India) and short Film Project. All my films have been well received by audience here in Assam. On whole, I am an aspirant Filmmaker who wants to shape dreams into reality. A small step towards my ambition and passion for Cinema.
SHORT FILMS & DOCUMENTARY
1. Eti Notun Prabhat: A New Dawn (August, 2014): Director & Screenplay.
2. Akanksha: An Impassioned Desire (March, 2015): Director & Screenplay.
3. Exploring Namphake (An emblem of Beauty & Tradition, Documentary) (September, 2015): Director & Screenplay.
4. Baandhon (In Chains) (January, 2016): Director & Screenplay.
5. Bhranti (Fallacy Beholds) (March, 2016): Director & Screenplay.
6. Bodh (Unfolding the spirit of Reverence) (July, 2016): Director & Screenplay
7. Obosheshot (At last...) (April, 2017): Director & Screenplay
8. Rendezvous (Unfolding an Unforeseen) (January, 2018): Direction, Screenplay &
9. Endharor Bheta Bhangi...(Breaking the Cocoon) (February, 2018): Direction,
Screenplay & Editing
1. North Bank (Assamese, 2014): Assistant Director, Publicity & Production Department