ATTENTION: This is a thematic film festival about friendship/amity. Please read the regulations before submission.
The Turkish Red Crescent International Amity Short Film Festival intends to share with the audience all sorts of film forms that points directly or indirectly to the relationship between humanity and the universe that focuses on friendship. In the broadest sense, by using one of the most effective form of the contemporary arts—cinema, we would like to create an awareness about the concept of “Friendship” through various conferences, interviews, workshops, competitions, and film screenings within the festival with the purpose of rereading, rethinking, and multiplying its reflections in our lives.
Best Film Award - Trophy and 30.000 TL cash prize
Second Film Award - Trophy and 20.000 TL cash prize
Third FilmAward - Trophy and 10.000 TL cash prize
Amity Technical Support Award: Trophy and Post Production Service for Next Short Film
Turkish Red Crescent Amity Award: Trophy and 20.000 TL
INTERNATIONAL AMITY SHORT FILM FESTIVAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
In the fast consumption era we live in, we are at a time in which friendship, sincerity, gratitude, loyalty, and generosity are increasingly losing value. We are organizing the International Amity Short Film Festival with the purpose of thinking about friendship and multiplying its effects in our lives.
B. FESTIVAL THEME
Any kind of short film form that directly or indirectly mentions the concept of friendship can apply to our festival. There is a need for different and unique perspectives in the age of the individualization and loneliness. We are inviting all the short film applicants that are up for rebuilding friendship in the short film language.
C. FESTIVAL DATES
Film Acceptance Date: 10.07.2021
Application Deadline: 01.10.2021
D. PARTICIPATION CONDITIONS
1. All the fictional, animation, and experimental short films that directly or indirectly points to the concept of “Friendship” and are made on and after 01.01.2019 can be submitted to the Main Competition section. Films must be under 20 minutes including credits. English subtitles are necessary.
2. Documentary, animation, experimental, video-art and short films that are not complying with competition regulations will be reviewed in the out-of-competition sections. Films must be under 30 minutes. Out-of-competition sections are as follows:
Forty Years of Gratitude Section
The theme of this section is parallel to the festival’s main concern ‘friendship’. Any kind of films that directly or indirectly points to the concept of friendship will be reviewed under this section.
Awarded short films will be meet with Turkish audiences under this special section. There are not any theme limitations for this section. Turkish premiere is necessary. Applicants may send film links to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Films which points to the humanitarian aids and responses to ease dangers of wars, natural disasters and epidemics on earth will be reviewed under this section. One film will be awarded by Turkish Red Crescent. Films will be evaluated by the Festival Jury and the Red Crescent Team.
3. Applicants may apply with more than one film. However, one applicant can get only one award.
4. The application is open for filmmakers from all ages and nationalities.
5. Films that are previously participated and/or received awards in national or international film festivals are eligible for the festival.
6. Films that were submitted previously to International Amity Short Film Festival cannot be resubmitted.
7. Films that are broadcasted on any national or international network, put on the market in BluRay, DVD, and VCD formats, showed in digital platforms and VOD cannot apply for the competition; however, they can participate in the Forty Years of Gratitude section.
8. Filmmakers can submit their film by filling out the application form online at www.dostlukfilmfestivali.com / www.amityfilmfestival.com Completely filling out the form, signing, and submitting online means owner of the work accepted the conditions of the competition . Applications that have wrong or incomplete information or documentation will not be accepted. During the filling of the form, we will ask the participants to share a encoded/unencoded link of the film on platforms like vimeo/youtube/dailymotion etc. Those links cannot be open to the public.
9. The Festival Committee has the right to use a one-minute long section of the selected films for promotional purposes.
10. After the announcement of the films selected for competition and non-competition sections, the filmmakers cannot withdraw their films from the festival.
11. If the film crews of all the eligible films are invited to the award ceremony, it is mandatory at least for one person (director, actors, cinematographer etc.) to participate in the award ceremony. The award is primarily presented to the director; however, if the director is not available, it is presented to a person from the film crew who is acting as the representative of the director.
12. The producers of the films that is short-listed must have solved all kind of copyright problems regarding music, script, directing etc. If the film has multiple legal holders, it must be listed in the application. The Festival Committee may request the necessary permissions, copyrights, and certificate of consent documents.
13. The Festival Committee does not disclose the list of the applicant films in favor of legal holders and does not give information about the applicant films. The festival only shares the list of films with public that are in the screening category.
14. Filmmakers that are eligible to participate in the festival will be obliged to deliver the following materials and documents within 7 days after their names are announced to the address that the Festival Committee would provide.
• An English subtitled copy of the film in HD format (preferably .mov or .mp4) as a digital file (via disc or Internet file transfer) or as BluRay DVD (2 copies)
• English time coded dialogue list for non-Turkish movies
• 3 high resolution film stills as JPG
• A high resolution photo of the director
• Synopsis in Turkish and English (max. 100 words)
• A short biography of the director in Turkish and English (max. 100 words)
15. The Festival Committee reserves the right to exclude films that do not have necessary technical specifics for the screening.
16. All films shown during the festival will be archived as part of the International Amity Short Film Festival. If it is deemed necessary, it can be shown on various platforms to contribute and support short film production without a commercial purpose.
17. Members of the pre-selection jury, main jury, the festival committee, and their first-degree relatives cannot apply to the competition.
18. The Festival Committee reserves the right to amend the regulation when it is necessary. The decision-making authority regarding the matters that are not stated in the regulation is the festival committee.
E. JURY AND EVALUATION
1. The Festival Committee chooses the members of the pre-selection and the main jury among the national-international film critics, academicians, cinema industry, and well-established members of the culture and art scene.
2. Pre-selection jury watches the submitted films until the first week of November 2021, meet within the same month, and delivers the list of the films that are qualified to compete and to be screened to the Festival Committee.
3. The films that evaluated by the pre-selection committee and qualified to participate in the festival will be announced on the festival’s official web site www.dostlukfilmfestivali.com in November. No announcement will be made regarding the films that are not qualified for competition or screening.
4. It is mandatory to give all the specified awards.
Films that will rank in the competition will be awarded as follows:
First Place Award and Festival Trophy
Second Place Award and Festival Trophy
Third Place Award and Festival Trophy
Amity Post-Production Support Award
Turkish Red Crescent Friendship Award