Amateurs strike back! is the first international film festival of amateur and low budget film to be held in one of the world's oldest cinemas, the Cinema Zvezda in Belgrade, Serbia. Theatre was seized by young film makers, artists and locals during the winter of 2014. in an event known as "the cinema Zvezda occupation" , which was wrote about in Guardian, LA times, Monde and was supported by many regional directors and artists.
Our team will select fiifteen films to be screened on the big screen during the festival, which runs from 3rd to 5th of September. The audience will vote for the winning film, which will be awarded a cash prize of 250 euros and 7 days of screening in our cinema.
It doesn't matter if you consider yourself the new Andy Warhol or Tommy Wiseau aesthetic is closer to you, we accept underground, trash, experimental, erotic and narrative films made without or with very limited budget !
COVID-19 Note !
None of the "Amateurs strike back" live events will be cancelled !
If there is a rising indications they could be postponed due to the situation, participants will be noticed in advance !
The Peoples Fist Award! - Awarded for the best amateur film
250 EUR cash prize!
All genres are accepted with a maximum length of 90 minutes.
The films must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English).
By submitting the film, the submitter agrees that:
1. Amateurs strike back FF can use trailer/teaser/film poster/stills or BTS for promotional purpose.
2. Entry fees are non-refundable unless they are covered by the submission protection option, according to the FilmFreeway terms.
3. The submitter owns all the rights to the film.
4. The submitter cannot withdraw the submission after the official selection announcement.
5. The information about the entries can be disclosed to ISF-LA associated film festivals, namely the upcoming other cities-based ISF.