The first edition of the Animators Guild India Fest 2022 is here! Taking our celebration of the Indian Animation scene off the internet and bringing it to you live, on ground ! The AGIF22 is an exciting celebration of creativity. AGIF was created with the express desire to showcase a massive variety of genre defining short films and projects being produced throughout the world. From drama to action to horror to documentary, all genres in animation are accepted and originality is prized above all.
The audience for our film festival are a diverse and discerning group from the field of creative arts and design themselves. Originality and out of the box sensibilities are valued for submissions.
The films will be judged by a panel of industry experts, creative mavericks, designers, filmmakers, producers who know and love films. We are looking for dynamic scripts, direction and performances. Films that bring a fresh idea, perspective, technique into the fray. Films that you can't seem to pause, films that give you reason for pause.
Open to all students: (International and national)
* Best Student Animated Film
* Best Student Experimental Film
Open to All Professionals: (International and national)
* Best Animated Promotion Film/Campaign (Broadcast, OTT, Yt, SMM) (Under 1 minute)
* Best Live Action Promotion Film/Campaign (Broadcast, OTT, Yt, SMM) (Under 1 minute)
* Best Animated Short Film (Under 5 Minutes)
* Best Animated Film (Over 5 minutes but under 30 Minutes)
* Best Animated Music Video
* Best Experimental Short
Only for Citizens of India:
* Rising Star (Student) Award
* Rising Star (Young Gun) Award
* Lifetime Achievement Award
Audience Choice Award (Student)(International and national)
Audience Choice Award (Professional)(International and national)
All winners shall be announced on the Animators Guild India Fest website. The prizes shall include a digital certificate for all categories. We can share a physical certificate at the event or on special request mail a physical copy of the certificate via national mail to the winner.
For the Rising Star (Student and Young Gun) Awards a cash prize of upto ₹50,000 each.
Lifetime Achievement Award shall receive a certificate and trophy.
Rules and Regulations:
1. There is a fee to submit your film for consideration to the Animators Guild India Fest 2022. Any entry, animated film or music video, including computer-generated animation and combinations of live-action, technology, NFT, AR, VR, that are completed after January 01, 2021, can participate.
2. Films and entries completed prior to January 01, 2021, are not eligible for participation. This rule does not count for Feature Film Competition, in this category we accept films that have been completed in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
3. For pre-selection and selection purposes, the entries must be submitted through FilmFreeway.com
4.. The selection committee will be the only authorised festival staff to have access to the film files.
5.. All the information required of you from the submission portal should be fulfilled, that being:
• Contact information (name, phone number, and email),
• Long and short synopsis,
• Screenings and awards,
• Director’s biography and filmography,
• Film stills and poster,
• Dialogue list with time codes (in English).
6. All films that are not in the English language should have English subtitling, otherwise, they will not be considered.
1. The Selection Committee decides on the selections for each category
2. The committee will decide if films/ art / entries/ or music videos are accepted based on the following criteria:
* Artistic originality
* Educational impact
* Artistic excellence in story, concept, design, animation, and music.
3. All applicants having submitted a film for pre-selection shall be informed prior to the opening of the Festival if his or her film has been selected for participation in the official Festival program.
4. The Festival is not obligated to supply a reason as to why a film has not been selected as part of the Festival competition.
Technicalities after the selection:
1. All the accepted and rejected films shall be informed about their participation in the festival by the [Date of announcements].
2. In the event your film gets selected to be part of the competition program, the authorized film distributor is required to send a screening HD file format of the film online. The specifics of the required screening format will be sent together with the email announcing the selection of the film.
3. All files should be sent digitally, and the due date for all materials is to be set in the official email
4. All films must be presented in Original Language and must be subtitled in English (if not otherwise specified). Subtitling expenses are the sole responsibility of the film’s Producer.
5. The Festival will use all materials for promotional purposes and in order to compile the Festival catalogue. The Festival bears no responsibility for published inaccuracies in the original submission materials.
6. The awards ceremony will take place on the last day of the festival. If possible, a film representative (the Director or the Producer) of the awarded films shall be present for the ceremony at the physical event. If it is not possible for a representative to be present, the Festival will kindly request that he or she makes a short videotaped acceptance speech to be played during the online playback of the award ceremony.
Press and Marketing:
1. All the images, stills, trailers, making of, and sketches, will be used as promotional material on our social media channels and website.
2. If your film gets selected, the festival has a right to use up to 40 seconds of the film/trailer for promotional purposes on the AGIF Website, Instagram, Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook and WhatsApp.
1. Once a film has been selected and invited to participate in the festival, said selected film cannot be withdrawn from the festival program.
2. The festival does not pay screening fees for any film in the program, being that short, feature, live action, NFT, AR, VR or Branding Design or any of its categories.
3. AGIF is entitled to screen any film selected for AGIF competitions in 2022 as part of its non-profit educational activities throughout 2022 and 2023, within programs such as ‘Winners of AGIF 2022” and “Best of AGIF 2022”, without paying any film license fees for these activities.