Zombiepalooza is an annual ZOMBIE SHORT FILM competition that takes place in October at The Cary Theater in downtown Cary, NC. Short films must be 5 minutes or less AND INCLUDE A ZOMBIE THEME. General horror, thriller, or slasher films that DO NOT include a zombie theme are ineligible. Filmmakers of all ages and skill levels are encouraged to submit their short film for consideration. The deadline to submit is Friday, September 9, 2022.
For more information on Zombiepalooza, please visit www.thecarytheater.com. For updates, follow The Cary Theater on Facebook, @CaryTheater on Twitter, and @thecarytheater on Instagram, and join the conversation by using #Zombiepalooza2022.
BEST ZOMBIE SHORT
Short films with a zombie theme completed after January 1, 2022 are eligible for Zombiepalooza 2022. Only short films 5 minutes or less will be considered. The deadline to submit is September 9, 2022.
Clearances & Permissions:
All entrants under age 18 require a parent or guardian’s signature to participate. The submitted film must be your original creative work, and you hearby warrant and represent that you are the sole and exclusive owner of all rights, titles, and interest in and to the submitted film and/or have obtained prior written authorization or license to submit the film from any and all third party rights holders therein.
Zombiepalooza does have a premiere requirement. Films that have been screened prior to this event are ineligible.
Notification & Feedback:
All films will be notified of their status in October 2022. If your contact information or premiere status changes between submission entry and our notification date, please update your information in Film Freeway and email changes to The Cary Theater. The Cary Theater does not provide feedback on submitted films.
Terms & Conditions:
By agreeing to the terms and conditions on the entry form for Zombiepalooza, the applicant submitting an entry (short film) acknowledges that he/she/they has read and agreed to the following rules and guidelines:
1. Authorization – The applicant is legally authorized to enter the short film in Zombiepalooza, and the short film is not subject to any claims or litigation and is not threatened by any claims or litigation.
2. Eligibility – Short films completed after January 1, 2022 are eligible for Zombiepalooza 2022. Only short films 5 minutes or less in length that include the use of TBD in the final edit will be considered. The deadline to submit is September 9, 2022.
3. Entry – The Cary Theater can only accept, consider, and notify entries submitted with valid entry form. To be considered, Applicants must fill out the entry form on Film Freeway and submit a secure online screener.
4. Minors – Applicants under the age of 18 must obtain a parent or legal guardian’s signature to participate in the competition.
5. Screening Fees – The Cary Theater does not pay screening fees for short films in competition.
6. Status – To verify The Cary Theater has received your entry, please check your film’s status in Film Freeway before emailing us with further questions.
7. Notification – All films will be notified of their status in October. If your contact information or premiere status changes between submission entry and our notification date, please update your information in Film Freeway and email changes to The Cary Theater.
8. Entry Materials – Entry materials cannot be returned.
9. Rights & Clearances – It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to obtain all rights, licenses, or necessary permissions thereto: to the fullest extent permitted by Laws and Regulations. The applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless the Town of Cary, its officers, and employees, from and against all claims, costs, civil penalties, fines, losses, and damages (including but not limited to professionals’ fees and charges and all court or other dispute resolution costs), by whomsoever brought or alleged, arising out of, resulting from, or in connection with:
a. Any break by the Applicant of any term or condition or Contract,
b. Any breach or violation by Applicant of any applicable Law or Regulation,
c. Any other cause resulting from any act or failure to act by Applicant under this Contract, but only to the extent cause by any negligence or omission of the Applicant.
d. This indemnification shall survive the termination of Contract.
10. Acceptance –If your short film is selected to screen at Zombiepalooza, the Applicant hereby agrees to the following rights and requests and grants to The Cary Theater without reservation, conditions, or qualifications:
a. The Cary Theater reserves the right to screen an exhibition-quality digital file of the short film (accepted formats: .mp4, .mov, Pro-res) during Zombiepalooza.
b. The Cary Theater reserves the right to coordinate ALL publicity and press outreach concerning the short film’s presentation at Zombiepalooza, including but not limited to:
i. The right to use excerpted clips, still images and/or titles, and information from or relating to the short film for promotional purposes in all media including The Cary Theater and Zombiepalooza website.
ii. The right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the short film and to use all associated names, likenesses, and biographical information.
c. The Cary Theater reserves the right to disqualify any entry which is in violation of the guidelines and participation agreement.