"Zero Plus" International Film Festival is aimed at:
1. promotion and popularization of high-quality films, which foster a positive, creative and formative worldview in children and young people, strengthen the common human values: family, childhood, friendship, kindness, nature, love for a profession.
2. integration of cinema and education by creating a collection of value-oriented films for carrying out educational screenings in schools and social institutions of Russia.
Awards & Prizes
Winners of the festival receive beautiful crystal statuettes depicting a Family and 0+ symbol.
Rules & Terms
FILM SELECTION CRITERIA
WHAT "ZERO PLUS" EXPECTS FROM THE FILMS:
- Joy, Smiling, Goodness,
- Kids and Parents finding compromises,
- Friends making friendship firmer,
- People valuing life,
- Creativity and Talents being expressed by people,
- Life tasks being tackled,
- Goals being achieved,
- Everything ending in a positive way
"ZERO PLUS" DOESN'T CONSIDER THE FILMS WHICH SHOW:
- violence, suffering, crimes
- unresolved dramas
- disrespect between people
- drugs usage
- other scenes which may make a young viewer's heart ache.
The International competition program invites:
• short films
• short animated films
Year of production: 2011-2016
The International special competition program “The Man of Labour” invites documentaries about:
- different professions, labour, mastership,
- skills, talents, creativity, art,
- discoveries, inventions, innovations,
- individual and collective labour,
- the contribution of professionals to the development of society.
Year of production: 2001-2016
The non-competition program invites:
• feature and short films, documentaries, and animated films of any duration and year of production, which correspond to the Festival criteria.
If the original language of the submitted films is not English, English subtitles are required.
“ZERO PLUS” EDUCATIONAL FILM COLLECTION
All the films selected for the Festival program, with the consent of right holders, can be included in the “Zero Plus” film collection used for non-commercial educational screenings in schools and social institutions of Russia. The consent can be given as soon as the Festival Management applies to a right holder concerning the matter. Or, if a right holding entity or person is itself/himself interested in the participation of the film in educational screenings in Russia, it / he / she is welcome to inform the festival management about it at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF STAY AT THE FESTIVAL
The invitation of guests, the periods and conditions of their stay at the Festival are the concern of the Festival Management. The Festival assumes the expenses on the accommodation and provision of meals for one representative of each selected film.
The Festival Management can assist in getting visas, booking airline tickets and hotel rooms. In particular cases the Festival Management may partially cover the expenses on the transfer to the festival.
Response from festival:
"Relativity explained to children" was shown at the 2nd edition of our festival. Please contact your production manager Emie at email@example.com. He is aware that the film was selected. Moreover, a representative of your film was invited, but we didn't receive the reply. Hope you'll figure everything out. Thank you for your very good film!