YoFiFest is partnering with The Consulate General of Ireland's Emigrant Support Program to bring The 2022 Irish Cinema Showcase. The microfest will present films about the Irish experience, by storytellers locally and abroad.
All films will screen live (pandemic rules and regulations, permitting) and be available for viewing online. We invite all accepted filmmakers to join us in person or remotely for a talkback.
Reception preceding or following the screenings.
YoFi Microfest is a cousin to YoFiFest, the Yonkers Film Festival. YoFiFest is in it's 10th year and has been voted one of FilmFreeway's Top 100 Festivals 9 times! FilmFreeway.com/YoFiFest.
The Micro Fests were created to bring year round themed screenings and niche programming that connects audiences to films with specific topics or genres.
The YoFiDMAC (Digital Media Arts Center) is conveniently located in the booming downtown Yonkers waterfront, a 30 minute train ride from midtown Manhattan, along the scenic Hudson River. We draw filmmakers and audiences from New York City, Westchester County and the Lower Hudson Valley, Rockland County, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
RULES & TERMS
We love filmmakers and want everyone to have a great time! However, we do need a few rules to help us best organize and utilize our dedicated and awesome YoFi Micro Fest team.
These regulations apply to all sections and submissions:
• YoFi MicroFest is open to anyone who wishes to enter as long as the film tells and Irish Story.
Please submit as early as possible. Just makes things easier all around.
YoFi Fest is an eco-friendly festival, so to reduce waste and environmental impact films must be submitted digitally.
• All films must be in English or with English subtitles.
• In our experience, Vimeo screeners have the best HD playback, and are preferred over FilmFreeway’s video uploads by our screening team.
• YoFiFest is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit and therefore we are unable to offer fee waivers under any circumstance. Entry fees support the various event costs (venues, supplies, events, promotional material, etc.) Thank you for your understanding.
• YoFi MicroFest does not consider films that require SCREENING/RENTAL FEES and DOES NOT PAY SCREENING or LICENSING FEES for submitted films.
• By submitting your film, you acknowledge that the festival will not pay you to present your work.
• If accepted, filmmakers are expected to assist the Festival in film promotion.
• All films submitted must be free from any legal disputes and it is the sole responsibility of the filmmaker to have cleared all rights and releases for exhibition (including music, audio, images, graphics, trademarked images, etc.)
• Only the submitted version of the film may be considered, and swapping it out for alternate cuts is not possible, so please keep this in mind when deciding when to submit.
• If your film is selected, then you will be asked to provide digital stills from the film, press materials, head shots and filmographies and video trailer (if available).
• By submitting your film, you grant YoFi Micro Fest the nonexclusive right to use footage, stills and/or titles and information from the film, as well as your name, photograph, and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities regarding YoFi Micro Fest prior to, during, and/or after the festival.
• YoFiFest may use images, sounds and excerpts from the films for promotional purposes in all media including the website and may present accepted films at any 2018 YoFi Micro Fest event.
• Please note that materials, drives, discs, etc. cannot be returned under any circumstances. Please DO NOT send film prints, master tapes, primary hard drives, DVD Masters or other irreplaceable original media.
• YoFi MicroFest is not responsible for any materials that are lost or damaged.
• The entrant shall release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless YoFiFest, and its agents, respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, contractors, partners, sponsors, and volunteers from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including, without limitations, attorneys' fees).
• The entrant warrants that he/she is the sole and exclusive owner(s) of all legal right and title thereto have absolute authority to submit the enclosed material to YoFiFest.
• By entering, the applicant agrees that all information is true and correct and agrees to all festival rules and guidelines.