Xperimetral Festival kindly invites international and domestic artists to participate in the first edition that will take place in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, 12-14 october, 2022.
Our mission is to focus and promote contemporary experimental films and other audio/visual forms, to attract new audiences by organizing showings in cinema, galleries, public space and other unconventional spaces and locations around town.
Our goal is to support independent filmmaking by showcasing experimental short films that are not afraid to cross boundaries with uncompromising style and powerful storytelling.
Xperimetral provides platform for films that use the language of cinema not only as an exciting art form but also to engage with the issues of today's world.
• Every finalist of the competition will have Diplomas and laurels
We accept all genres (experimental, animated, hybrid, documentary, essays and all other unconventional film, audiovideo works.
1.Film must not exceed 35 minutes
2.Non-English films must be subtitled in English, we accept films i romanian/russian without subs.
3.To submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
4.Entry fees are non-refundable.
5. No restrictions to the year of production, however the films with a completion date 2019-2022, will be given preference.
6.Festival have rights to change the Date of event.
7.Festival cannot provide refunds for submissions that do not meet eligibility criteria or are otherwise deemed to be disqualified under these regulations.
8.Festival can use trailer/teaser/film poster/stills or BTS for promotional purpose (but do not release, under any form or circumstances, the full film)
9. Films that doesn't match category will be disqualified.
10. By submitting to Experimental Festival you give festival permission to live screen your film in the programme.
11. Include in entry form:
Synopsis of the Film - aprox.150 words
About Director (Bio Data)- aprox.150 words
Photograph of Director of film
Still photographs of film (minimum two)
Poster (if any)
• Experimental film
• Moving image film
• Film noir
• Hibrid forms - Video poetry, Video-installation, Experimental music, Performance