The Women In Film Finishing Fund supports films by and/or about women with cash grants and in-kind services. To qualify, the film must be at the rough cut stage at the time of submission.
Women In Film (WIF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting equal opportunities for women, encouraging creative projects by women, and expanding and enhancing portrayals of women in all forms of global media. Given that women comprise fifty percent of the population, WIF’s ultimate goal is to see the same gender parity reflected on and off screen. Founded in 1973, WIF focuses on advocacy and education, provides scholarships, grants, and film finishing funds and works to preserve the legacies of all women working in the entertainment community.
Stella Artois is proud to expand their support of female filmmakers with the announcement of $100,000 in new grant money for the Women In Film Finishing Fund. Stella Artois will provide four $25,000 grants for fiction and documentary films that inspire social change, with particular consideration given to films with a water theme.
Additionally, Women In Film will provide general funding for films beyond the Stella Artois social action themed grantees.
Total Prize Value Range: $5,000-$25,000
TO QUALIFY FOR THE WIF FILM FINISHING FUND
Projects must meet one of the following two criteria:
-Credit a writer AND director who identifies as a woman
-Credit a writer OR director who identifies as a woman AND include a protagonist who identifies as a woman
- Projects must be a narrative, documentary, or experimental feature or short film.
-Films must be at the rough cut stage at the time of submission, with 90% of principal photography complete. This means your film should be shot and edited to the extent that judges can clearly see the shape that the story is going to take.
- You will be required to upload the rough cut of the film at the time of submission.
- -All submitting MUST upload the following as PDFs into their Project Profile: A line-item budget for the film, Finance plan including financing to date and financing needed to complete the film, Bios of key crew members
- The four Stella Artois $25,000 grants must have a message of social change with particular consideration given to films with a water theme.
- Non-English language submissions must have English subtitles included on the rough cut at the time of submission.
- Student films and Web-Series are not accepted
International Films are accepted
- Films must not play in public theaters (including film festivals), air on television, or stream publicly online prior to the announcement of grant winner (public announcements happen in December/January).
- Please note once the submission is received, we cannot accept an updated cut.