Get ready for a unique cinematic experience at the Winnipeg Cat Film Festival! It's not just about celebrating the enchanting world of cats through film but also a heartfelt endeavour to support local cat rescue organizations in Winnipeg. This festival is a convergence of entertainment and compassion, blending the joy of cinema with the spirit of charity. It's more than just a film festival; it's a testament to the incredible bond between humans and cats and a step towards a kinder world for our feline friends.
Submitting your cat-themed films to the Winnipeg Cat Film Festival is an excellent opportunity for filmmakers to showcase their work to a passionate and engaged audience. Not only does the festival provide a platform for emerging and established artists to gain visibility, but it also represents a meaningful cause—supporting local cat rescue organizations. Your participation contributes to a broader community effort to improve the lives of cats in need, blending the love for cinema and compassion for animals. By sharing your creativity and storytelling in a space that celebrates both film and feline, you play a crucial role in sparking conversations and inspiring change, all while gaining recognition and connecting with like-minded individuals in the film and animal welfare communities.
1. By submitting your film to the Winnipeg Cat Film Festival ("the Festival"), you, the undersigned, hereby agree to indemnify, release, and hold harmless the Festival, its agents, representatives, directors, officers, jurors, employees, and volunteers from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
You further agree that you have secured all necessary rights for both picture and sound, and the exhibition will not violate or infringe upon any rights, including but not limited to music, images, and content. You also agree that the Festival will not be responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
You also agree to receive communication from the Winnipeg Cat Film Festival regarding your film submission and accept that the Festival reserves the right to adjust dates and times of film screenings and to possibly not screen the film despite its selection for the Festival program.
2. Upon selection, filmmakers agree to provide the Festival with promotional materials for their film. These materials include but are not limited to:
- High-resolution still images from the film.
- A high-resolution poster image.
- A trailer or excerpt of the film (not exceeding 3 minutes) in a digital format.
- Press kit, which includes a synopsis of the film, director's biography and statement, and a list of cast and crew.
These materials will be used by the Festival for promotional purposes, including but not limited to program brochures, website content, press releases, and social media posts. Filmmakers agree to provide these materials by a specified deadline and in the required formats as outlined by the Festival.
3. All films submitted to the Festival for consideration should adhere to the following format requirements:
- Films should be submitted digitally through FilmFreeway.
- Filmmakers should provide a secure, password-protected streaming link for the film, and the link should remain active until the end of the festival.
- Submission should include a brief synopsis, a list of key cast and crew, and any relevant promotional materials.
Technical requirements: Films should be minimum in HD resolution (1920x1080) and in MP4, MOV, or AVI format. The file size should not exceed 10 GB.
4. Filmmakers who submit their work to the Winnipeg Cat Film Festival acknowledge and agree to the following selection process:
- The Festival's programming team will review all submissions to ensure they adhere to the Festival's guidelines and technical requirements.
- Films will be selected based on criteria including but not limited to originality, storytelling quality, technical execution, and relevance to the Festival's theme.
- Selected filmmakers will be notified via email by March 31, 2024. Filmmakers whose films are not selected will not be notified.
- The decisions of the programming team are final and not subject to appeal.
- Due to the high volume of submissions, feedback on individual films will not be provided.
5. All films submitted to the Winnipeg Cat Film Festival must adhere to the following language and subtitle guidelines:
The primary language for films submitted should be English. However, films in languages other than English are also welcomed.
All films not in English must have English subtitles burned into the video file (not provided as a separate file) for the entire duration of the film.
By agreeing to these terms, you acknowledge that you have read and understood all of the submission rules and guidelines and agree to the clause as stated above.