2021... The Festival Is Getting Bigger. As of May the 4th (be with you)... we're open for entries for 2021. (News will be added through the year).
The Wild Indie Sci-Fi and Fantasy Film Festival 2020 was hosted at the Greenwich iMAX Odeon Theatre in London, with the event prizes sponsored by Foundry (the DVFX software wizards), and Stan Winston School of Character Arts (the Physical VFX wizards) and included the Micro 2 minute Sci-Fi Challenge in collaboration with London Short Film. Final Draft also offered ticket sponsorships with discounts on software. There were a number of challenges, awards and prizes for Micro (2min), Mini (5min), and Short (20min) film categories within the genre.
More awards. More Fun.
We all know that we are living through strange unprecedented times with the Corona Virus and CoVid19 lockdowns. We hope you all keep Hale and Hearty. We wont bore you with detailed arrangements other than we have pencilled the 6th February 2021 for the next screening and festival date BUT... we have contingencies in place should out current Lockdowns be extended (including discussions with two digital platforms).
The 2021 trailer can be viewed here:
The festival will now include additional awards for Best Director, and Best Actor.
This event is completely independent of Wild Indie's production (ask us if you want to find out about some of those)..
The festival is open to all (UK, Worldwide, The Up/Down/Side/Side Dimensions, even the Outer Spiral Arm (of the Galaxy). English language films are preferred; other languages should be closed captioned to English. Awards will be for Best film, Best SFX, Best Score, Best Cinematography.
The genre is Sci-Fi & Fantasy. So that's anything aliens, weird tech, dragons, superheroes, A.I., manmade monsters, dystopian futures, bizarre pasts, time travel, and just about anything a bit odd that might fit. Originality will be preferred but “Fan Films” are welcome, although please note, we must adhere to copyright guidelines and restrictions of the original IP owners.
Other genres and elements such as comedy, horror, or romance, can feature as long as a significant portion of the story is the festival themes.
The opening date for entries is 4th May 2020.. The closing date is 15th January, 2021. Screenings of entries is currently planned for 6th February, 2021 at the same venue as last year.
1. Screening will be at the Greenwich Odeon with fantastic picture and sound quality at our event in London in front of a packed out venue of producers, professionals and non-professional filmmakers.
2. A laurel for all "Official Selection" will be awarded for all films short-listed. We will notify some shortlisted entries after each deadline date.
3. The choice to have your film emailed out to all (subscribed) 10,000+ members of London Short Film.
4. Currently awards will be presented for
Shortlists and winners for categories:
Overall Best Film.
2 Min Sci-Fi Challenge Best Film
Best Physical SFX
Best Digital SFX
Best Student Film
Best Animated Film
6. The prizes will be announced shortly, keep an eye out for announcements. Last year they took off like a Saturn Rocket and ended up with great prizes from multiple awards.
7. The Keep it Real Award - An award/laurel for the best application of real science in a film.
Whilst the film festival is independent, Wild Indie is the event organiser's company. We do "Sciencey stuff" of various types. One of the Directors is a NASA Astrobiology Institute Co-Investigator for education resources of a project involved in creating the sensor arrays for space probes. We've worked on subjects from Shark Tagging to information films for UNEP about Chemical pollution. Keep your science real (but entertaining).. you'll get a shout from us.
Terms and Conditions
1. All filmmakers/applicants or entity submitting a film to the Wild Indie Sci-Fi and Fantasy Film Festival (hereafter known as ‘WISFFF’, ‘The Windies”, ‘We’, ‘Us” and ‘Our”), accept and agree to comply with the following Terms and Conditions
2. We only accepts online registrations and submissions to be assessed. We accept films in any language… However, films not made in English must have English subtitles.
3. The person submitting a film to The Windies is ‘You’ or ‘Your’ and You agree that Your film may be screened at The Windies event, if it is selected.
4. We only accept films that have been produced during and after 4th May 2019 (waivers may be requested).
5. All submission fees are non refundable.
6. How to Submit
• Complete and submit Your online submission form.
• Pay relevant Submission fee
• You will receive confirmation of Your successful registration
• Films must be submitted via an online platform.
Student and Young Filmmaker category entrants must be registered in a recognised film school, university, college, high school, middle school or elementary school with proof of ID from the institution to qualify for the relevant fees.
You must supply the following:
• Your Student ID
• Name of school, college or university
• Name of Your Course
• Lecture or teacher
• Email of lecturer or teacher
7. Filmmakers submitting must also supply:
• Production credits and contact details
• 5 Photos for promotional purposes, no smaller than 2048 x 1152 pixels
• Media pack for promotional use by The Wild Indie Film Festival
• Film Poster
• A short trailer of the film (Optional)
8. All films will be accepted and assessed with the view to screening them at a The Windies event(s). However, only films included in the Official Selection will be screened at a cinema venue(s). If Your entry is selected as part of the Official Selection for The Windies, You must provide Us with a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) in order for it to be screened. You will receive instructions on how to submit your DCP.
9. Cinema screenings are scheduled during the festival and or event at the discretion of The Windies. We undertake to make every effort to adhere to the published schedule program, however, The Windies reserves the right to alter this schedule and venue at any time for any reason. The Windies does not accept any liability for any costs claimed to arise as a result of a change in the scheduling.
10. Awards may be presented during the The Windies, at the discretion of the organisers and the Jury Panel. All decisions are final.
11. By submitting a film, You grant us the right to screen Your film at one or more The Windies Film Festival event(s), copy and/or reproduce, modify, adapt and any part thereof, up to one (1) minute of the film submission. We may also use Your submission and any other promotional material/photo’s and/or information submitted by You to communicate it to the public in all media, including via our website and publicity materials, or to advertise and promote The Windies, event(s), its products and services, or all, and to showcase Your film.
12. You own the copyright to Your film as its author and represent and warrant that You have (and will continue to have during the duration of The Windies and thereafter) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions we need to use Your film and You will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request.
13. We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of submitting a film to The Windies and its curation and all related events.
14. You indemnify and hold harmless The Windies and all associated companies and individuals (Jury Panel, staff, etc) from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.
15. Submissions for the 2 SciFi Challenge in collaboration with London Short Film may also be used by London Short Film for their purposes in the same fashion as described above. The same indemnities applied to The Windies will apply to London Short Film. (In essence what we are saying is if you copy someone else, or breach copyright, it is down to You deal with the consequences).
16. Misuse of LSF VIP membership entry code waiver will result in disqualification. Entries will be checked for membership. However, please note, you do not have to be an LSF member to enter. You just proceed with a normal entry.
For further information contact The Wild Indie Sci-Fi and Fantasy Film Festival: email@example.com