The Wild Indie Sci-fi & Fantasy Film Festival continues to grow and celebrate our favourite genres of film. Enter once, your film is assessed for all the categories. It's shorts specific. There's prizes for some categories and we are trying to get more all the time. It's a big screen in Greenwich, London again.
Festival Announcement : FrameForge - Prize Sponsor for 2022.
Best Children's Scifi or Fantasy Film added.
Festival Announcement : Final Draft - Prize Sponsor for 2022.
Festival Announcement : NUKE (Foundry) - Prize Sponsor For 2022.
Festival Announcement : Stan Winston School of Character Arts - Prize Sponsor for 2022.
Festival Announcement : Crixus Studios - Prize Sponsor for 2022.
Best Poster Award added
Best Comedy Award added
2022 Early Bird Teaser at : https://youtu.be/8at62y06D_0
We hope 2022 is happy, healthy, and prosperous time for all. We are happy to confirm the festival screening and awards will be taking place at the Greenwich Odeon, London, UK on September 10th, 2022 in screen 10.
The Wild Indie Sci-Fi and Fantasy Film Festival 2021 was also hosted at the same venue, Greenwich IMAX Odeon Theatre in London on the 29th May 2021, in the IMAX capable screen 9. And… “Oh My Word It Looked Good!!”. The large screen and auditorium enabled us to have a safe and socially distanced crowd, our thanks to Odeon for making the bigger screen and auditorium available. We had an awesome selection of films at the screening, with many more films on the online version of the festival. The online festival site ran for 3 months. There are some photos of the screening event on here. In truth… on the 29th May, 2021… it was just really nice to be back in a cinema sharing film-maker magic with like minds.
The 2022 awards still include the 2-minute Sci-Fi Challenge in collaboration with London Short Film. There are a number of challenges, awards and prizes for Micro (2min), Mini (10min), and Short (25min) film categories within the genre... BUT note our timings have changed this year to encompass more options.
The 2021 trailer can be viewed on here:
News for the 2022 season will come to you via the the social media channels, particularly the Facebook Page, mainly because the text isn’t limited in characters like other channels.
To answer a question asked all the time. Yes HORROR is included.
The festival is open to all (UK, Worldwide, The Up/Down/LSide/RSide Dimensions, even the Outer Spiral Arm (of the Galaxy). English is the festivals first language ; other languages are welcome but should be closed captioned to English. Awards are listed in full below.
If we've had the good fortune to see an advert for your film and sent you a discount/waiver it's because we really want you to enter. We make films and enter festivals ourselves so we know just how many offers you'll get on a marketing cycle. If you've got an offer from us, it's because we think your film fits? If you we didn't see your ad'... ask us.
This event is completely independent of Wild Indie's production (but again ask us if you want to find out about any of those projects).
Awards & Prizes
1. The event will be screened at our now regular venue of the Greenwich Odeon, London with fantastic picture and sound quality in front of an audience of genre fans, producers, professionals and non-professional filmmakers.
2. A laurel for all "Official Selection" will be awarded for all films short-listed. A number of the Official Selection will be screened at the screening event, not all. All films have the opportunity to screen on the WISFFF online portal. We will notify some shortlisted entries after “normal” deadline date. Specific nominations (e.g. Cinematography, etc) will also receive "nominations" laurels to specify recognition in that field.
3. Currently laurels and awards will be presented for shortlists, official selections, and winners for categories:
Overall Best Film
2 Min Sci-Fi Challenge Best Film
Best Physical SFX
Best Digital SFX
Best Production Design
Best First Time Filmmaker
Best Restricted Budget (Under $3000)
Best Student Film
Best Young Filmmaker (under 25)
Best Animated Film
Best Fan Film
Best Pulp Sci-Fi & Fantasy Film
Bet Stunts/Action Sequence
Best Children's Scifi/Fantasy Film
Best Comedy Award
Keep It Reel Award
Best Poster Award
Where appropriate - Runner's Up awards will also be given from the category nominees.
(up to 30 Secs additional reel time for credits is acceptable for the 2 min)
(up to 60 Secs additional reel time for credits is acceptable for the 10 min)
(up to 120 Secs additional reel time for credits is acceptable for the 25 min)
(The judges maintain the right to; give joint awards or not award a category award if a winner/s can not be clearly defined/separated).
6. The prizes will be given according to award and judges. This decision is final.
7. The Keep it Real Award – Is an award/laurel for the best application of real science in a film.
Whilst the film festival is independent, Wild Indie is the event organiser's company. We do "Sciencey stuff" for various clients. One of the Directors is a NASA Astrobiology Institute Co-Investigator for education resources of a project involved in creating the sensor arrays for space probes. We've worked on subjects from Shark Tagging to information films for UNEP about chemical pollution. Keep your science real (but entertaining).. you'll get a shout from us.
8. The best screenplay/script prize will be awarded to completed films that have entered the festival. Film entries have the option to send an accompanying script or screenplay for consideration.
Rules & Terms
Terms and Conditions
1. All filmmakers/applicants or entity submitting a film to the Wild Indie Sci-Fi and Fantasy Film Festival (hereafter known as ‘WISFFF’, ‘The Windies”, ‘We’, ‘Us” and ‘Our”), accept and agree to comply with the following Terms and Conditions
2. We only accept online registrations and submissions to be assessed. We accept films in any language… However, films not made in English must have English subtitles.
3. The person submitting a film to The Windies is ‘You’ or ‘Your’ and You agree that Your film may be screened at The Windies event, if it is selected.
4. We only accept films that have been produced after 5th May 2019 (waivers may be requested).
5. All submission fees are non refundable.
6. How to Submit
• Complete and submit Your online submission form.
• Pay relevant Submission fee
• You will receive confirmation of Your successful registration
• Films must be submitted via an online platform.
Student and Young Filmmaker category entrants must be registered in a recognised film school, university, college, high school, middle school or elementary school with proof of ID from the institution to qualify for the relevant fees.
You must supply the following:
• Your Student ID
• Name of school, college or university
• Name of Your Course
• Lecture or teacher
• Email of lecturer or teacher
7. Filmmakers submitting must also supply:
• Production credits and contact details
• 5 Photos for promotional purposes, no smaller than 2048 x 1152 pixels
• Media pack for promotional use by The Wild Indie Film Festival
• Film Poster
• A short trailer of the film (Optional)
8. All films will be accepted and assessed with the view to screening them at a The Windies event(s). However, only some films will be included in the Official Selection will be screened at a cinema venue(s). If Your entry is selected as part of the Official Selection for The Windies, You must provide Us with a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) in order for it to be screened. You will receive instructions on how to submit your DCP. Where we can we will help.
9. Cinema screenings are scheduled during the festival and or event at the discretion of The Windies. We undertake to make every effort to adhere to the published schedule program, however, The Windies reserves the right to alter this schedule and venue at any time for any reason. The Windies does not accept any liability for any costs claimed to arise as a result of a change in the scheduling.
10. Awards may be presented during the The Windies, at the discretion of the organisers and the Jury Panel. All decisions are final.
11. By submitting a film, You grant us the right to screen Your film at one or more The Windies Film Festival event(s), copy and/or reproduce, modify, adapt and any part thereof, up to one (1) minute of the film submission. We may also use Your submission and any other promotional material/photo’s and/or information submitted by You to communicate it to the public in all media, including via our website and publicity materials, or to advertise and promote The Windies, event(s), its products and services, or all, and to showcase Your film.
12. You own the copyright to Your film and your script/screenplay as its author and represent and warrant that You have (and will continue to have during the duration of The Windies and thereafter) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions we need to use Your film and You will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request.
13. We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of submitting a film to The Windies and its curation and all related events.
14. You indemnify and hold harmless The Windies (Wild Indie Ltd) and all associated companies and individuals (Jury Panel, staff, etc) from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.
15. Submissions for the 2 SciFi Challenge in collaboration with London Short Film may also be used by London Short Film for their purposes in the same fashion as described above. The same indemnities applied to The Windies will apply to London Short Film. (In essence what we are saying is if you copy someone else, or breach copyright, it is down to You deal with the consequences).
For further information contact The Wild Indie Sci-Fi and Fantasy Film Festival: email@example.com
We will add you to our filmmaker database when you enter. We WILL NOT pass your details to others. We may send you (approx) monthly festival mail-outs with info and occasional offers. If you don't want to receive them please click unsubscribe, we have no intention of sending unwanted mail.