Have you written a feature-length screenplay during COVID-19?
We Are Moving Stories is happy to announce our new script writing contest.
We are actively seeking the most exciting new screenwriting talent both in Los Angeles – where we are based – and internationally. We are looking for the best scripts that are ready to go into production. We are specifically interested in filmmakers who are unrepresented.
We Are Moving Stories is the world’s largest platform for new voices in film with more than 3,000 contributors and over 50% women contributors – an industry record.
We are particularly interested in drama scripts for and about:
• Kids and teenagers
• Women’s voices
• Black Lives Matter
• Underserved communities
• New takes on genre (horror, sci-fi, comedy, drama, westerns)
We have kept the entry fee low - at $30 - to encourage more scriptwriters to participate.
1 Feature length screenplay
Logline (1 sentence)
Synopsis (3 sentences)
Treatment (no more than 10 sentences)
Optional (all or any):
1-2 Additional Feature length screenplays
Answer these questions: What are your 3 favorite screenplays of all time?
What are the 3 best screenplays of all time?
Produced short film which you wrote
Social media handles
Deadline: 3 December 2021
First prize: $1000
Second prize: $350
Third prize: $150
We will also select the 10 best scripts and introduce the scriptwriters to LA based production companies and studios.
Semi-finalists will also be interviewed via Zoom, or if in LA, the option will be Zoom or face-to-face.
1. All writers must be 16 years and older on date of submission.
2. The script must be written in English.
3. The script must be unproduced at time of submission. It must also be wholly owned by the author and be controlled 100% by the author(s). If a script is optioned, sold, or produced after it has been entered, it will remain eligible in this year’s contest.
4. If the script is written by more than one author, it must be submitted by one of the writers with the consent of the other (any and all prizes will be sent to the writer who submitted the winning script, it is the responsibility of the writing team to share or divide the prizes.)
5. The submitted script will be final, no new drafts will be accepted.
6. The judges decision is final.
7. Entry is paid in US dollars and is non-refundable.