The Watsonville Film Festival is a non-profit, multicultural film festival located in the heart of the Monterey Bay.
We believe that film is a catalyst to spark conversations, expand possibilities and transform communities.
From sold out events at the Mello Center and Fox Theater, to matinee screenings for students at the Green Valley Cinema and movies at the park, has partnered with dozens of local organizations and businesses to present diverse & strong voices in independent cinema.
• Share films that inspire and engage our diverse community, and encourage conversations between filmmakers & audience.
• Empower local youth to see video production & film culture as a way to transform the world.
• Promote economic & cultural development through the cinematic arts in Watsonville.
Rules & Terms
WFF 2017 GUIDELINES
The Watsonville Film Festival is a diverse, community, family-oriented event. We are looking for films that are inspiring, entertaining, that reflect our multicultural region, and our connections to the global society in which we live.
Submissions are open for films produced by LOCAL filmmakers.
Local filmmakers must live in - or have films that are produced in, or connected to - Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Benito, Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco & Alameda counties.
SUBMITTING YOUR FILM:
- Submission to the WFF for local filmmakers is Free.
- We accept documentaries and fiction films.
- We accept films from professionals, university/college students, and youth.
- You may submit more than one film (each with its own entry form).
- Films in a language other than English must have English subtitles.
- Please do not submit your film if it is widely available online for free.
- No film re-submissions from past years, unless it has been significantly changed.
- If accepted, we will require a high-res digital version of your film, as well as a high-quality promo photo from your film, 16:9 ratio (landscape), no later than 1 month prior to the festival.
Accepted filmmakers are encouraged to attend; all of our screenings include Q&A time for filmmaker/audience engagement.
We also host year-round screenings, so there is the possibility that your film may be accepted to screen at a stand-alone event outside of the festival proper.
By submitting to the Watsonville Film Festival, you agree that you have the authority & rights to submit the film. You guarantee that you have obtained all rights & clearances that are necessary for a film festival screening and indemnify and hold harmless the Watsonville Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any type of claim whatsoever involving film entered.
If the film is selected by the Watsonville Film Festival, you grant permission for public exhibition of the film (possibly more than once) during the Watsonville Film Festival. The Watsonville Film Festival is also granted the right to utilize an excerpt & stills from any film accepted for current & future promotional purposes.