7th WATSONVILLE FILM FESTIVAL: MARCH 28-31, 2019
The Watsonville Film Festival is a non-profit, multicultural film festival located in the heart of California's Monterey Bay.
We believe that film is a catalyst to spark conversations, expand possibilities and transform communities.
From sold out events at the Mello Center and Fox Theater, to matinee screenings for students at the Green Valley Cinema and movies at the park, has partnered with dozens of local organizations and businesses to present diverse & strong voices in independent cinema.
• Share films that inspire and engage our diverse community, and encourage conversations between filmmakers & audience.
• Empower local youth to see video production & film culture as a way to transform the world.
• Promote economic & cultural development through the cinematic arts in Watsonville.
WFF 2019 GUIDELINES
The Watsonville Film Festival is a diverse, community & family-oriented event.
We are looking for films that are inspiring, entertaining, reflect our multicultural region and our connections to the global society in which we live.
SUBMITTING YOUR SHORT FILM:
• For the 2019 Festival, we are accepting ONLY SHORT FILMS.
• Indie Filmmakers & College/University Students: Film length 40 min. or less.
• Youth Films (High School & younger): Film length 10 min. or less
• Submission to the WFF is Free.
• We accept documentar & fiction shorts. To get an idea of what we screen, visit our past festival selections: http://watsonvillefilmfest.org/film-archive/
• Please contact us if you have questions before submitting your film.
• You may submit more than one film, each one with its own entry form.
• Films in a language other than English must have English subtitles.
• Please do NOT submit your film if it is already available online for free.
• No film re-submissions, unless the work has been significantly changed.
If accepted, we will require a high-res digital version of your film, no later than 1 month prior to the festival. We will also need a high-quality horizontal promo photo from your film.
Accepted filmmakers are encouraged to attend; all of our screenings include Q&A time for filmmaker/audience engagement.
We also host year-round, monthly screenings, so there is the possibility that your film may be accepted to screen at a stand-alone event outside of the annual festival.
By submitting to the Watsonville Film Festival, you agree that you have the authority & rights to submit the film. You guarantee that you have obtained all rights & clearances that are necessary for a film festival screening and indemnify and hold harmless the Watsonville Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any type of claim whatsoever involving film entered.
If the film is selected by the Watsonville Film Festival, you grant permission for public exhibition of the film (possibly more than once) during the Watsonville Film Festival. The Watsonville Film Festival is also granted the right to utilize an excerpt & stills from any film accepted for current & future promotional purposes.
WFF may reject the film if digital file for screening is not received by posted deadline.