Welcome to the 2022 CMCS Wall of Fame Film Festival!
Venue: ChasingRabbits at Rua do Sol ao Rato 61A, 1250-262 Lisboa, Portugal
Time: 4 to 7 pm (Lisbon time) on Saturday, October 1
LIVE international broadcast link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsQb4TNQXjA
Download the festival program in advance - link in our 85th newsletter https://mailchi.mp/2135cadce946/ed85?e=[UNIQID
Visit nominations on our IG Wall of Fame www.instagram.com/cmcs_media
Launched in 2013 in Toronto, Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS) is now proudly sponsoring the Wall of Fame - an international film festival in Lisbon, Portugal, that helps filmmakers screen unique moving images often overlooked in the tabloid politics of fame. In doing so, the CMCS Wall of Fame film festival bridges gaps between film stars and independent filmmakers, supportive of all inspirational stories and social issues for both human and non-human animal ethics. CMCS has been featured for its views on celebrities in a wide range of media including CTV, CBC National News, Global News, the Telegraph, VICE, Flare, Chatelaine, SUN Media, Yahoo! Entertainment, and many more. As the world’s first celebrity expert to be on tabloids, CMCS will offer honour, exposure, and connect unique film artists as role models for human rights and non-human animal ethics in celebrity culture, and offer an annual Samita Nandy Productions Award to the CMCS Wall of Fame prize winner & Hollywood’s Stage 32 (partnered with Netflix) webinar to 1st runner-up winner.
Registered under Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS) Festival https://www.imdb.com/event/all?ref_=pe_2610490_199225680
- All applicants will receive an annual CMCS media workshop & access to a Happy Hour Mixer!
- All sponsors will receive regular CMCS exhibits & mentions of their contribution
- All finalists will receive a CMCS Wall of Fame festival live public screening, nomination laurel, a review, and will be featured on our CMCS Wall of Fame IG
- Best Prize Winner will receive a CMCS Wall of Fame festival laurel, listed in IMDB Awards, and €51 Samita Nandy Productions Award
- 1st CMCS Wall of Fame runner-up will be listed in IMDB Awards and Hollywood webinar gift from Stage 32 (partnered with Netflix, Paramount etc.) (worth US $49)
- Semi-finalists will be eligible for post-festival online screening along with CMCS Wall of Fame community members in 2023
Submission material (15 mins or under):
Film Trailers and Actors’ Reels
Video Stories / Video Essays
Montage of Still Images (including photographs and print material with or without voiceover & music - be creative!)
Submissions must be made on FilmFreeway.com/walloffamefestival and include:
A link to a Vimeo / YouTube must be available for evaluation and screening.
Film Poster & Synopsis (100 words)
Applicants Profile Photo and Bio (100 words)
- Filmmakers must address an artistic, personal, or social issue that does not violate but rather protects the rights of race, sex, species, and the environment.
- All films must be no more than 15 minutes. Trailers and reels must be under 5 minutes.
- Photographers who wish to put together their still images as montages with a voice-over or sound effects are eligible for screening.
- Writers who wish to exhibit their print material in an audiovisual format are eligible for screening
- Preference will be given to all storytellers who stand out as role models for social issues, including human rights, animal rights, and plant-based environmental sustainability (e.g., climate change) in an artistic & philosophical manner of storytelling.
- Nominees selected as finalists will be requested to fill out an awards entry form.
- We will not accept commercial ads promoting a product. All submissions must tell a film story. The sponsor, willing to support, must be a storyteller and/or an ethical cause.
- Submission fees are non-refundable.