Wake Forest Film Festival
"A Light in the Forest"
Mark your calendars for a cinematic tour de force; at the Wake Forest Film Festival! This event aims to spotlight passionate, creative and thought-provoking movies by some of today's most promising and accomplished local, national, and international filmmakers. The festival is a 2-day film showcase that will engage audiences with films of all lengths and genres that include short and feature, documentary, horror, animation, narrative and student. This festival is intended for both the general public and film professionals.
• Neuse River Spotlight (NC Film Maker)
• Best Premier Film
• Best Student Film (HS & College)
• Best Narrative
• Best Animated
• Best Horror
• Best Documentary
• Best Screenplay for feature film
• Best Director
• Best Cinematography
• Best Sound Design
• Best Dramatic lead Role in Feature Film
• Best Dramatic Supporting role in Feature Film
FILM SCREENING & SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
The 2020 Wake Forest Film Festival is an opportunity for filmmakers to showcase films in a unique location to a discerning audience.
All submitted films should have a plot that "reveals" or "sheds light on" something.
Foreign Films must have subtitles.
Requirements and restrictions:
• We accept narrative features, narrative shorts, documentary features, documentary shorts, animated features, animated shorts, and student films in all categories (High School & College - see requirements for a film to qualify as a student submission).
• We do not pay a screening fee or travel expenses for filmmakers whose films have been selected for screening at the festival.
• We cannot consider or screen films that are available for sale on Youtube, Netflix, Amazon, or any other consumer site.
• Your film must have completed filming in 2014 or later.
• Aside from other film festivals, the film must not screen within 100 miles of Wake Forest, North Carolina, from date of selection to the end of the festival in which the film appears.
By submitting your film you agree to the following:
• That you have clearance of rights.
• That the authorized rights holder of the film grants to the Wake Forest Film Festival the right to screen this movie at the Wake Forest Film Festival during the agreed upon dates.
• That excerpts of the film can be broadcast on the festival website or any other publication of the Wake Forest Film Festival for promotional purposes.
• To the best of your resources, you will appropriately promote the screening on your end.
No additional grant of rights is implied or intended, and filmmaker retains all other rights to the film.
We strive to keep our entry costs as low as possible. Sorry, no waivers or discounts of entry fees are available for any reason.
Requirements IF your film is chosen as a finalist for the Film Festival:
• Two DVD copies or other approved digital format will be required by January 24,
• These should be mailed to the selection committee at the address below.
• DVDs will not be returned.
Wake Forest Renaissance Centre for the Arts
Film Festival Selection Committee
405 S. Brooks Street,
Wake Forest, NC 27587
Film Festival Contact: Debra Horton
firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-435-9566