We are glad to announce that the fourth edition of White Oryx International Short Film Festival (WOIS Film Fest) will be held on May 1st and May 2nd, 2023.
WOIS Film Fest, is an initiative by the School of Media & Communication (SoMC), Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) - Dubai Campus, to create an opportunity to showcase, celebrate, and nurture the art and culture of filmmaking in the UAE.
Regarded to be the biggest short film event in Dubai, the festival has become a unique platform for creative minds in the UAE, especially student and amateur filmmakers, to showcase their works of passion and develop their talents through the festival's learning atmosphere comprising of free film screenings, workshops, competitions, panel discussions, and networking opportunities. In addition, attendees of the festival are presented with programming that's diverse in genre, theme, and style through a non-competitive category that welcomes short films from all over the world.
The inaugural edition in 2018 was an extravagant four-day event that featured 70 short films (from more than 3000 submissions), 9 workshops, a panel discussion, and an award ceremony where the winning entries were presented with the 'Golden Oryx Awards' accompanied by a 'Complete Filmmaking Kit'.
1. Overall runtime must not exceed 20 minutes.
2. Only films made after February, 2020 should be submitted.
3. Languages other than English must accompany English subtitles.
4. Content should be suitable for an audience including family and children.
5. Must own all necessary copyrights or permissions from the copyright holders.
6. Must respond to communications from the festival team within 3 working days.
7. Poster, trailer, and snippets from the entry may be used for promotional activities.
8. Festival reserves the right to modify these rules or offer waivers as per their discretion.