Women in Film and Video New England (WIFVNE) works to “Change the Lens” for New England filmmakers by advancing female storytellers in their craft through networking, community, mentorship, and education.
WIFVNE is pleased to announce its 2020 Short Screenplay Competition, which aims to inspire creativity for screenwriters and independent artists. We welcome you to submit a 10 page screenplay concerning the theme of "Isolation." Scripts should have a strong female protagonist as the primary character.
Women in Film & Video New England is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to supporting the accomplishments of women working in the film, video and new media industries. We provide an educational forum for media professionals and a valuable network for exchange of ideas and resources. WIFVNE works to promote proactive images of women to the public and to empower all women in film and video to achieve their professional potential. Women in Film & Video New England is a member of an umbrella group called Women in Film & Television International (WIFTI). WIFTI is a global network comprised of around 70 WITTI and WIFTI-partner chapters on six continents – all working for the same goal: gender balance in the industry.
Winners will be announced on June 19th.
FIRST PRIZE: $100 and a year membership to WIFVNE. The first place winner will additionally receive a profile through WIFVNE media channels.
SECOND PRIZE: Year membership to WIFVNE.
• Screenplays should be a response to the theme of "Isolation."
• Screenwriters of all genders are eligible to submit scripts.
• Scripts must, however, have a strong female protagonist.
• Genre is open, we accept narrative, documentary and experimental screenplays.
• Screenplay should be original work, and the sole property of the author.
• Scripts should not have been made into a motion picture of any kind.
• Author should be 18 years or older at time of writing.
• Scripts should be 3-10 pages including title page. Longer scripts will not be accepted.
• Proper screenplay formatting guidelines expected. For guides on formatting, please visit https://www.storysense.com/format.htm.
• Entry fee is per script. Multiple entries may be submitted but there is a separate submission fee.
• Scripts must be written or translated into English.