While battling the ailing independent film appreciation among the wider public, and supporting to celebrate the work of women filmmakers, was born Pakistan’s home-grown Women International Film Festival (WIFF), hosted by Women Through Film.
COVID-19 has halted our daily activities, the culture of online Film festival has thrived on the contrary. Thankfully, digital media is here to help us get through a challenging year with bustling virtual film festivals, accessible to worldwide audience. We are committed to making the festival safe and accessible to a broad audience and therefore will be running Women International Film festival (WIFF) fifth edition, slated for the March 2021, Virtual.
WIFF’2021 is going to be held on two consecutive weekends in March 2021, showing some of the most resonant and thought-provoking feature films received by female independent filmmakers from around the world.
1. Submitted films MUST be directed by women. They can, however, co-direct their film(s) with a male counterpart. The central role in the filmmaking process must be played by a woman.
2. Films should contain original content, produced and directed by the filmmaker himself/herself.
3. Violation of intellectual property rights, "infringement" with regard to patents, copyright, and trademarks, and "misappropriation" with respect to trade secrets, can be a breach of civil law or criminal law, and can be used to file a lawsuit.
4. If music or additional film material used in your film is not original, then you must cite the source. This is entirely the filmmaker’s responsibility. Failure to cite the source will result in your film being withdrawn from the Festival.
5. In the event that your content is found to be plagiarized, your film will be removed from the festival, and your name will be blacklisted making you ineligible to submit any films in the upcoming WIFFs.
6. If your film is not in the English language, please send it with subtitles in English at the bottom
7. Films should be submitted through YouTube and Vimeo links only
8. Contestants must submit their photo ID along with the film
9. Films submitted past the deadline will not be accepted
10. Your films cannot feature brand logos nor endorse products.