Submit your feature films, short films, documentaries, web series, television episodes and your Get Smart! smartphone films now!
In what will be its third year, the 2022 WA Made Film Festival will present a curated program of screenings and events which engages the community with the very best of the WA screen industry.
The WA Made Film Festival aims to be bigger and better in 2022 with more films, more events, and WA's only smartphone filmmaking competition, 𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗦𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗧! 𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗬 𝗕𝗨𝗬 𝗪𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗘𝗔𝗧 𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧.
WA Made Film Festival is Western Australia’s only independently operated film festival featuring exclusively WA made films, and is WA's biggest celebration of locally-made screen content.
WA Made Film Festival strives to showcase and celebrate talented cast and crew, stunning locations, and unique stories from all over Western Australia.
Held 11-13 March 2022, the WA Made Film Festival will screen at Palace Cinemas Raine Square right in the heart of Perth city.
Attracting audiences from all over Australia, the WA Made Film Festival 2022 will include World Premieres, Perth Premieres, pre-screening networking events, parties with drinks and canapés, Question and Answer sessions with filmmakers and other post-screening events and educational screenings.
Be part of this exciting new festival by submitting now!
A screening committee will determine which films will be exhibited over the three day film festival. All submissions are unfortunately not guaranteed to be shown.
Successful filmmakers will be notified early January 2022 and will receive an official selection laurel and be invited to participate in a Q&A after the screening to discuss the films journey with the audience. Filmmakers will receive 1 free ticket to their screening and if more attendees from the film would like to be on the Q&A panel (actors or other key crew) please contact festival organisers, additional complimentary tickets will be at their discretion. Unsuccessful submissions will also be notified early January 2022.
Get Smart! submissions will be eligible for a $1000 cash prize for Best Film as selected by the WA Made Film Festival's Smart Jury.
2022 FESTIVAL T&CS:
By submitting your content, you agree that WA Made Film Festival can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster) for promotional purposes. You also grant permission that your film may be made available online during the festival as part of an online ticketed component to the festival.
To submit a film, you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us.
Films must be made in Western Australia with a preference on being post produced here too. Please email festival organisers to inform them of any elements of your film being non-Western Australian (actors, crew members, locations, post production etc).
Your submission will be watched in its entirety and judged fairly. All decisions of the committee are final.
All entries must have been completed after June 2020.
Works in progress/rough cuts are considered (if the final film will be completed well before March 2022).
Non-English films accepted with English subtitles.
You must own or be given all of the rights to anything you submit to the festival including music in the film.
Submissions are NON-refundable. You also acknowledge that the film submission fee does not guarantee acceptance and no refund will be provided if your film is not selected.
Applicants who do not follow the guidelines will not be accepted.
Accepted short films will need to be supplied as a HD Prores 422 file with stereo or 5.1 audio.
Accepted feature films will need to be supplied on DCP on a NTFS PC formatted harddrive with a preference of 5.1 audio, if your film is not available on DCP, festival organisers can convert a Prores 422 file with embedded 5.1 audio.
GET SMART! Presented by BUY WEST EAT BEST rules:
1. Get Smart! Presented by Buy West Eat Best is open to West Australian residents only.
2. Submissions must be set and filmed in Western Australia.
3. Submissions must be shot entirely on a smartphone or tablet.
4. Submissions must be no longer than 10 minutes including titles and credits. There is no minimum time limit.
5. Final film must be an original idea from an original script with permission/rights to use all music contained within the film.
6. All genres accepted.
7. Films can be submitted by anyone, there is no age limit or qualifications required.
8. External microphones, smartphone lenses, lighting, tripods etc. are permitted and encouraged.
9. Post-production (editing, colour grading, sound mix, VFX, credits and titles etc.) doesn’t have to be done on the smartphone or tablet and can be done via any editing software or app.
10. Films must be made exclusively for the WA Made Film Festival and cannot screen anywhere prior to the festival. (March 11-13, 2022).
11. Final film must be delivered in HD quality. 1920x1080, MP4/MOV at 24 or 25 fps.
12. Landscape and portrait mode are both eligible.
Filmmakers will always retain the copyright on their films!