Vienna Indie Short Festival is an online seasonal film festival. Vienna, Austria’s capital, lies in the east on the Danube River. Its artistic and intellectual legacy was shaped by residents including Mozart, Beethoven and Sigmund Freud. The city is also known for its Imperial palaces, including Schönbrunn, the Habsburgs’ summer residence. An enticing place for art & culture. Vienna Indie Short Film Festival will welcome any independent project from all genres. During each edition, our jury selects the winners of each category through private screenings. Our judges consist of industry professionals from 5 different countries. Such a multicultural team behind our festival helps make our festival thrive amongst Independent Festivals. After private screenings, the jurors will announce the name of the winners and we will reveal them through our social medias. If you become a winner project, your project will consider officially selected films of the festival deemed for online screening upon the request.
* We do accept only short film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best Student Documentary
Best Student Director
Best Music Video
Best Unproduced Script
Best Web Series
Best TV Pilot
Best Micro Short
Beat Women Empowering
All genres are accepted with a maximum length of 40 minutes.
The films must include German or English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English or Germany).
By submitting the film, the submitter agrees that:
1. Vienna Indie Short Fest can use trailer/teaser/film poster/stills for promotional purpose
2. Entry fees are non-refundable.
3. The submitter owns all the rights to the film.
4. The submitter cannot withdraw the submission after the official selection announcement.
5. The information about the entries can be disclosed to Vienna associate film festivals.