The International Vegan Film Festival Celebrates vegan film, photography, and now vegan cookbooks. The Festival brings together filmmakers, writers, publishers, editors, photographers, the vegan-curious, and – of course – vegans. Featuring film screenings, guest speakers, Q&As, vegan food, and vendors, the Festival offers a wide spectrum of content for the vegan enthusiast. The Festival takes place each year in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. There will also be a virtual edition of the Festival in October 2021
As the newest competition of the International Vegan Film Festival, the Vegan Cookbook Contest aims to become the world's leading vegan cookbook contest. Each September we will announce a shortlist of eligible books, selected by a jury of passionate and experienced vegan cooks. The top three winners will be announced at the International Vegan Film Festival. In 2021, the Festival will be Saturday, October 23.
All submitted authors and publishers will receive recognition through:
1. Our website www.theivff.com and social media channels
2. Our ongoing partnerships with international media outlets, retailers, and sponsors
If there is an in-person Festival in October 2021, each submitted author will receive a complimentary ticket to attend the celebration, however, for 2021 IVFF may need to proceed with a virtual ceremony pending public health recommendations.
3. The winners will also have the opportunity to record a Q&A with the Festival Director to be shown during the virtual Festival in October 2020.
4. In addition, shortlisted and winning authors and their publishers will receive recognition through:
The privilege to display the Awards Shortlist Seal on shortlisted books and, a Gold, Silver, or Bronze Seal for the winning books, and online use.
The IVFF will honor the top 3 cookbooks as selected by the judging panel.
The winning entry will be awarded:
First Place - $300 CAD
Second Place - $200 CAD
Third Place - $100 CAD
Please note you must enter the contest in the "Script" category.
1. First Editions - to be eligible for the 2021 Vegan Book Competition, entries must be first editions physical book published in 2020 or 2021. At this time e-books are not accepted.
2. New editions of previously published titles may be eligible if previous editions have not been entered in the competition in the past. Each title may be entered in the competition only once.
3. Entries for all categories may be submitted by authors or publishers. Please coordinate to avoid duplication.
4. Shipping, customs duties and taxes are the responsibility of the entrant. The use of retail values on international shipments may generate duty and/or taxes; these will be charged back to the sender.
5. All works must be in English.
6. The entry forms must be submitted online by June 30, 2021. Early submission is encouraged and appreciated.
7. Books or advanced reading copies must be received at the Festival office in Ottawa no later than June 30, 2021
8. Each book entry must include either four (4) finished print copies of the book or four (4) advance reading copies. These are necessary for the preview and judging process and will NOT be returned.
9. Advance reading copies may be accepted as an interim entry for titles due to be published after June 30, 2021 (and before July 30, 2020) and must be received by June 30, 2021. Final editions of books must be received by August 1, 2021.
10. Entries must be accompanied by a synopsis of a maximum of 60 words. Other promotional materials such as media releases, reviews, etc., are welcome but are not a requirement.
11. Please submit in FilmFreeway a high-resolution image file (TIFF preferred) of the book cover.
12. The competition organizers reserve the right to use excerpts from, and/or complete entries for promotional purposes.
13 The shortlist of category award winners eligible for the Grand Prize will be announced in September 2021. The Grand Prize (First Place winner) will be announced on Saturday, October 23, 2021 at the International Vegan Film Festival.
14. At the discretion of the competition organizers, winning authors and publishers may be notified in advance.
15. Decisions made by the jury will be final.
16. All eligible titles submitted may be displayed in the lobby during the 2021 International Vegan Film Festival.
17. Books written by International Vegan Film Festival staff members or members of our current jury will not be eligible for consideration in the competition. Books written by jury members may be considered in the following year.
18. The dispatch of any entry to the Festival implies acceptance of these regulations by the entrant.
19. If for any reason you foresee difficulty in meeting these requirements, please contact the competition coordinator at email@example.com.
ENTRIES FROM OUTSIDE CANADA
All entries shipped from OUTSIDE CANADA must include a completed Customs Form (or a Commercial Invoice) attached to the outside of the parcel. Please note that the declared value should be equivalent to the cost of materials only. Shipping, customs duty, and taxes are the responsibility of the entrant.
Vegan Cookbook Contest
302 Selby Ave