The International Vegan Film Festival Celebrates vegan-themed films and vegan cookbooks. The Festival brings together filmmakers, writers, publishers, editors, the vegan-curious, and – of course – vegans. Featuring film screenings, guest speakers, Q&As, vegan food, and vendors, the Festival offers a broad spectrum of content for the vegan enthusiast. The Festival takes place each year in late October or early November.
The Vegan Cookbook Contest aims to become the world's leading vegan cookbook contest. Each September, we will announce a shortlist of eligible books selected by a panel of passionate and experienced vegan cooks. The top three winners will be announced at the International Vegan Film Festival. In 2023 the Festival will take place on Saturday, November 4th.
All submitted authors and publishers will receive recognition through:
1. Our website, www.theivff.com and social media channels
2. Our ongoing partnerships with international media outlets, retailers, and sponsors.
Each submitted author will receive two complimentary tickets to attend the Festival.
3. The winners will also have the opportunity to record a Q&A with the Festival Director to be shown on the Festival website and YouTube channel.
4. In addition, shortlisted and winning authors and their publishers will receive recognition through:
The privilege to display the Awards Shortlist Seal on shortlisted books and a Gold, Silver, or Bronze Seal for the winning books and online use.
The IVFF will honour the top 3 cookbooks selected by the judging panel.
Please note you must enter the contest in the "Script" category.
1. First Editions - to be eligible for the 2023 Vegan Book Competition, entries must be first editions of physical books published in 2022 or 2023. At this time, e-books are not accepted.
2. New editions of previously published titles may be eligible if previous editions have not been entered in the competition in the past. Each title may be entered in the competition only once.
3. Authors or publishers may submit a cookbook. Please coordinate to avoid duplication.
4. Shipping, customs duties and taxes are the entrant's responsibility. The use of retail values on international shipments may generate duty and/or taxes; these will be charged back to the sender.
5. All works must be in English.
6. The entry forms, along with the entry fee, must be submitted online by June 1, 2023. Early submission is encouraged and appreciated.
7. Books or advanced reading copies must be received at the Festival office in Ottawa no later than June 16, 2023.
8. Each book entry must include either four (4) finished print copies of the book or four (4) advance reading copies. These are necessary for the preview and judging process and will NOT be returned.
9. Advance reading copies may be accepted as an interim entry for titles due to be published after June 1, 2023 (and before September 1, 2023). Final editions of books must be received by August 1, 2023.
10. Entries must be accompanied by a synopsis of a maximum of 60 words. Other promotional materials, such as media releases, reviews, etc., are welcome but not required.
11. Please submit in FilmFreeway a high-resolution image file (TIFF preferred) of the book cover.
12. The competition organizers reserve the right to use excerpts from and/or complete entries for promotional purposes.
13. The shortlist of category award winners eligible for the Grand Prize will be announced on October 14, 2023. The Grand Prize (First Place winner) will be announced on Saturday November 4, 2023, at the International Vegan Film Festival.
14. At the discretion of the competition organizers, winning authors and publishers may be notified in advance.
15. Decisions made by the jury will be final.
16. All eligible titles submitted may be displayed in the lobby during the 2023 International Vegan Film Festival.
17. Books written by International Vegan Film Festival staff members or members of our current jury will not be eligible for consideration in the competition. Books written by jury members may be considered in the following year.
18. The dispatch of any entry to the Festival implies acceptance of these Rules & Terms by the entrant.
19. If you foresee difficulty meeting these requirements for any reason, please get in touch with the competition coordinator at email@example.com.
ENTRIES FROM OUTSIDE CANADA
All entries shipped from OUTSIDE CANADA must include a completed Customs Form (or a Commercial Invoice) attached to the outside of the parcel. Please note that the declared value should be equivalent to the cost of materials only. Shipping, customs duty, and taxes are the responsibility of the entrant.
Vegan Cookbook Contest
302 Selby Ave
PHONE NUMBER: 1 (613) 884-7385