UN Women USA San Francisco Bay Area Announcement
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Film Festival Dates: 9/15/2021 & 9/18/2021
Follow us for updates, news and more about our work!
Global Voices Film Festival Coming this Fall. Our film festival will be a Virtual Fest for 2021 due to the pandemic. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. More details about our film fest coming soon.
Notification Date: 6/15/2021
*Update October, 2020. We will be extending our submissions deadlines. New dates to be announced soon.
Our 4th Global Voices Film Festival is postponed until COVID19 subsides. The COVID-19 response is UN Women’s #1 priority in this time of dire need.
We are responding to this crisis by reaching out and sharing information for our communities. UN Women has long been the global advocate for women during times of crisis, and today the work of UN Women is needed more than ever. UN Women is a voice for women health care workers, for care providers, for refugees, and for the displaced. UN Women will address the disproportionate economic impact on women’s livelihoods, to battle the upswing in domestic violence under quarantine, and the reduced access to justice, health services, and education.
Thank you to all filmmakers that have submitted their films. We are going to be reaching out to all of you to share more information. Film submissions are still open and we have added a possible new date for our event – this date is yet to be determined.
Please notice that our dates and deadlines have changed – status and dates may be affected and changed without notice due to COVID-19 state and city officials' health recommendations.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. The response time may be delayed. We will answer your email on a first come-first served basis and as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.
Stay safe and be well.
With deep appreciation,
About Our Film Festival
Global Voices Film Festival, presented by UN Women USA San Francisco, seeks to empower women by showcasing films that spotlight the unique voices, stories and experiences of women. The festival, now in its fourth year, supports female producers, directors and writers, who are creating some of the most insightful and groundbreaking work in cinema.
We celebrate films that empower female producers, directors, writers and/or protagonists. We welcome all films that focus on women’s stories or experiences. We accept all domestic and international film submissions that meet the above criteria.
Global Voices Film Festival is a fundraiser hosted by UN Women USA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter. The goal of the festival is to raise money and awareness for the work of UN Women, the UN body tasked with advancing gender equality and women’s development worldwide. UN Women programs positively impact the economic, social, and political well-being of women in developing countries, while increasing awareness to women’s rights issues internationally. Strictly a 100% volunteer-staffed event, our festival will donate its net proceeds to the US National Committee for advocacy programs and to support the work of UN Women worldwide.
Global Voices Film Festival is as a 100% volunteer run film festival
Awards & Prizes will be announced closer to the film festival.
1. The individual or entity corporation submitting the film (“Submitters”) to the UN Women USA Film Festival (the “Festival”) must be 18 years of age or older (or have their film submitted by a parent/guardian - written verification will be required).
2. Entry fees are non-refundable.
3. Global Voices, San Francisco UN Women USA Film Festival is not responsible or liable for any submitted films that are broken or non-functioning.
4. By submitting your film for consideration, you grant the Festival and UN Women the right to screen your submission at the virtual San Francisco UN Women Film Festival at no charge to the festival or UN Women, in addition to the rights granted under Section 10 below.
5. Foreign language films will only be accepted if they have been dubbed into English or subtitled in English.
6. We do not accept works-in-progress and will not update a submission with a more recent cut. Please do not submit your film until it is complete.
7. Festival times are subject to delay or change.
8. If submitting more than one film, a separate completed entry is required for each title.
9. Upon acceptance of a film, we will provide successful submitters, the technical specifications required for exhibition copies of the accepted films e. Feature length films must be available at no cost to the festival as to comply with requested technical specifications, to be determined by Festival.
10. By submitting a film, the submitter grants the Global Voices, San Francisco UN Women Film Festival and the US National Committee (USNC) for UN Women, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter the right to utilize, display, copy or modify any image and/or excerpt (of three (3) minutes or less) from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival, for promotion of the Festival, UN Women and the US National Committee (USNC) for UN Women, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter, across any medium, including print, digital and social media channels.
11. As a Submitter you hereby warrant that you have the necessary rights to and is authorized to grant the aforementioned rights and licenses and submit the film for screening in the U.S., and acknowledge and hereby accept these requirements and regulations.
12. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the San Francisco USNC-UN Women Film Festival, UN Women, its chapters, and its affiliates and officers from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim related to the submitted films, including but not limited to intellectual property infringement, copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, or loss of or damage to the films entered.
13. As Submitter of the Film, you represent and warrant to the Global Voices, San Francisco USNC-UN Women Film Festival that the Film and all parts thereof do not contravene the rights of any person or entity and that you own or have all necessary rights to the Film and all parts thereof, and that the film submitted is not subject to or threatened by any litigation, liens or encumbrances.
14. By submitting a film, the Submitter agrees to abide by these terms, rules, and guidelines.