Coming back for it's fourth year!
Taking place at the 2024 Adelaide Fringe. We showcase short films by emerging filmmakers from across Australia. Visit Fringe venues to see each collection of short films, collections will run continuously at each venue. You may spot us in your favourite bar, a theatre lobby or among some hidden gems. Come find us, or simply discover UNDEREXPOSED.
Open to Australian filmmakers, and filmmakers facing sanctions/censorship*!
*censorship of artistic expression, I do not want your short film is it's full of hate speech or misinformation.
UNDEREXPOSED will once again be awarding a people's choice prize of a $50 gift voucher to Palace Cinemas.
General Admission. Entry to this categories will put your film in the running to screen at one or more of our partnering venues around Adelaide's CBD.
Competition. Entry to this categories will put your film in the running to screen at one or more of our partnering venues AND make your film eligible for the People's Choice Prize.
Note: Only enter ONE category. If you enter the Competition category, you do not need to also enter General Admission
Films selected for screening must be HD - 1920x1080 and/or 2K and provided as a downloadable file (via WeTranfer, Vimeo or similar) no later that 7 days after official selection.
Film Submissions must be accompanied by 2 high resolution still images from the film, and information on the filmmakers.
Selected films are invited to feature in Instagram posts and 'take-overs' and are invited to be added to and online collection of Australian shorts at the filmmakers digression.
UNDEREXPOSED is dedicated to shedding light on emerging filmmakers across Australia, and incorporating film arts into Australia's biggest arts festival.
Film screenings will be taking place in public spaces, therefore event organisers can not guarantee audio capabilities in all venues at all times. As such, UNDEREXPOSED is focused on visually striking works.
Films with adult themes and graphic content are welcome to event, however due to the public accessibility of some venues, films with this content will not be able to screen in all venues.
All films entered into UNDEREXPOSED must meet the following criteria:
– One or more of the leading filmmakers must be an Australian resident.
– They must be under 8 minutes long (including credits)
– All dialogue must be subtitled in English.
– They must be High Definition. (1920 x 1080p minimum)
– You must own the rights (or be in the process of negotiating the rights) to any music used in the film.
– You must own the rights (or be in the process of negotiating the rights) to any images, talent and artists featured in the film.
– Films must be original content, and the creation of the submitting filmmakers.
– If filmmakers are under the age of 18 years old, a guardian must oversee their film submission.