**DUE TO COVID-19**
*Trí Rivers Film Festival 2020 was scheduled to take place in the Alley Theatre, Strabane over the 17th & 18th of July, however, due to the current pandemic, the venue cannot physically facilitate the festival. We have decided to move the festival online for its launch.*
The Trí Rivers Film Festival (TRFF) will take place throughout the border towns of Strabane & Lifford from the 17th - 18th July 2020.
Launching this summer, TRFF aims to showcase work across all genres, produced and directed by filmmakers from the local towns in Ireland, to all over the world.
Although this may be the first year for Trí Rivers, it hopes to celebrate the fantastic talent we have locally and further afield, with film screenings, networking events, Q&A’s with selected filmmakers and an Award Ceremony to close off the two amazing days.
At the core, TRFF encourages collaboration and diversity across the border and the wider filmmaker community. Through this festival, we hope to see submissions from a diverse range of filmmakers on a vast array of topics.
-Trí Rivers Award (Local)
-People’s Choice Award
-Rogha na Féile (Best of the Festival)
We are looking for filmmakers who champion in innovative and inspirational work, whether you are established or an emerging filmmaker - we want to hear from you.
We accept submissions of short films across 6 genres: Animation, Comedy, Documentary, Drama, Non-Narrative and Thriller.
The Official Selection of films will be shown across 2 venues in both Strabane & Lifford, from the 17-18th of July 2020.
- Entries open on the 31st of January 2020
- The earlybird deadline for submissions is the 29th of February 2020
- The regular deadline for submissions is the 10th of April 2020
- The final deadline for submissions is the 1st of May 2020
- The Official Selection will be announced in June 2020
- TRFF 2020 takes place in the border towns of Strabane & Lifford, from the 17-18th of July 2020
- Winners will be announced at the TRFF Awards Ceremony on Saturday the 18th of July 2020
- Short films should have a maximum running time of 20 minutes.
- All films must be English language or subtitled in English.
- Your entry form must include your name, address, telephone number and email so that we can contact you.
- The link to your video included in your submission form must not expire. Please check that the link is working.
- Your film must not be in breach of any copyright, including music or sound used in your film.
- TRFF does not have a premiere requirement. We will accept submissions of films that have previously screened elsewhere, including at other festivals.
- TRFF does not cover licensing or screening fees for selected projects.
- Submissions to the Local Filmmaker category are FREE if you are based in the North of Ireland and surrounding areas. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.