The Women's Comedy Film Festival in Atlanta is a theatrical screening event in Atlanta for independent films featuring female filmmakers, actors, directors, writers and producers from all over the world. This is an amazing opportunity to showcase the talent of female directors, writers, actors, and everything in between right here in one of the world's fastest growing film communities. The Women's Comedy Film Festival also recognizes exceptional filmmaking and screenwriting with awards and nominations by our judging panel. Submit your film if you meet AT LEAST ONE of the following requirements:
Female Lead Actor
All Female Cast
Female Centered Plot
Script writers, in addition to submitting your script to the festival we also provide optional script coverage. Script coverage with our festival includes the price of your submission fee. Your work will be analyzed by a Cinema Life filmmaker who's produced award-winning films, has extensive writing experience, and also understands the indie way of filmmaking.
Best Micro Short Comedy
Best Political Comedy
Best Television Pilot Episode
Best Dark Comedy
Best Music Video
Best LGBTQ Comedy
Best Animated Short
Best Short Screenplay
Best Feature Length Screenplay
Best Television Episode Screenplay
Best Original Music
Best Georgia Comedy
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
• Please fully fill out your submission profile to avoid hold-ups in the judging process.
• If you submit a Film in process and it gets selected, please notice we expect it to be completed within two weeks after the Notification Date. Otherwise, it will be disqualified. No exceptions. It is every submitter's responsibility to read the Rules and Terms of each Festival before submitting.
• If your film is selected, you are expected to provide a link to download your film so that we can project it at the festival. Only Google Drive and Dropbox are accepted. You can also make your film downloadable on FilmFreeway or Vimeo.
• All films must be under 4GB and 1080HD Max in either MP4 or MOV format.
• We do not accept DCP files.
• We do not screen 720p or SD Files.
• We do not stream from YouTube or Vimeo at the event.
• The Women's Comedy Film Festival in Atlanta is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival and for promotional purposes on our website, newsletter, and social media platforms. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless The Women's Comedy Film Festival in Atlanta from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
• The Women's Comedy Film Festival in Atlanta DOES NOT offer refunds on submissions.