The ShortList Film Festival is thrilled to announce the 9th annual ShortList Film Festival, the Wrap's online short film festival, featuring prizes and industry recognition.
The Wrap's ShortList Film Festival is seeking submissions for short films for our Award Winning Shorts Competition: films up to 20 minutes in length that have have received an award. Twelve of the best award-winning short films that have premiered at a major festival in the past year will be selected, making this the most highly-competitive film festival of its kind.
Previous ShortList selections have gone on to become Academy-Award nominees. The 2015 ShortList Audience and Jury prize winner later won the Academy-Award for Best Animated Short Film. The 2016 Jury prize winner went on to win the Cesar award for Best Short Film.
The ShortList Film Festival will once again bring the very best short films from around the world to your computer or mobile device. The festival will stream online from August 6-19, 2020.
All ShortList films will be available for viewing from August 6-19 on ShortListFilmFestival.com and TheWrap.com. They will also be highlighted daily in TheWrap's First Take Newsletter, served daily to tens of thousands of subscribers.
Winners will be announced on August 20th followed by a live, virtual discussion with filmmakers, jury members and representatives from the entertainment industry in attendance.
• The Audience Award will go to the film with the most online votes.
• The Industry Award will be selected by our industry jury.
• All prizes subject to change.
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE RULES AND ENSURE YOUR FILM IS ELIGIBLE BEFORE SUBMITTING. SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
• Films must be completed on or after January 1, 2019.
• Films must be in English or with English subtitles.
• Films may have a maximum running time of 20 minutes.
• Film must have won an award at a major film festival in the past year.
• Final eligibility will be determined by festival programming team.