o-region in association with the School of Film & Television at Falmouth University:
The ROUGHCUT 60 Second Film Challenge
The rules of the competition are simple; make a film no longer than 60 seconds (including credits) that’s inspired by this year’s theme: HOME.
The film can be any style or genre as long as it fits the BBFC’s classification for a 12A audience - http://www.bbfc.co.uk/what-classification/12a-and-12
Best of all it’s completely free to enter!
NOTE TO FILMMAKERS
The Cue Tube is a great free resource if you'd like to partner up with a composer and get some original music for your competition entry. With free access to a global community of over 5,000 composers, there's likely to be someone there who'd love to work with you and help to lift your film to the next level. Members of The Cue Tube range from students through to Grammy award winners.
• BEST FILM - £1000 & Limited Screening Run at WTW’s Iconic Plaza Cinema - to be selected by the judging panel
• RUNNER UP - £350 - to be selected by the judging panel
• BEST YOUNG PERSONS FILM (under 18s) - £250 - to be selected by the judging panel
• RUNNER UP YOUNG PERSONS FILM - £150 - to be selected by the judging panel
• AUDIENCE AWARD - £250 – an online public vote
• For Cornwall based filmmakers two complimentary cinema tickets for all films selected for the final shortlist.
• Films must be no longer than 60 seconds including credits
• All genres accepted (including animation & documentary)
• Films must be suitable for 12A rating - http://www.bbfc.co.uk/what-classification/12a-and-12
• Filmmaker must take responsibility of the use of copyrighted materials
• Films can only be accepted online via FilmFreeway
• PLEASE NOTE WE ONLY ACCEPT ONLINE SCREENERS
• All films entered MUST be a downloadable link at the time of entry
• The organisers reserve the right not to screen any film if the material is deemed offensive or unsuitable
• You must be 12 or over to enter
• Free entry for all Filmmakers
PLEASE NOTE: EVENT DATES ARE TBC