Show us how you are creating a kinder world through the power of film! Submit your 5 MINUTE (OR LESS) JLYF inspired film today. There is no restriction to how many team members you may have or how many different submissions you make. Pick a topic you are passionate about and create a film.
Just Like You Films (JLYF) is a a Mid American Emmy award winning women-run nonprofit film production company.
Founded in 2009, JLYF has created 12 documentaries and is currently producing its first feature-length docu-drama and Virtual Reality short. Subjects include burn injuries, cancer, Down syndrome, autism, cleft lip and palate, port wine stain birthmarks, facial paralysis, lymphangioma, type 1 diabetes, anxiety disorders, depression, and food allergies. For reference on what a Just Like you Film is, watch https://justlikeyoufilms.squarespace.com/our-films-overview.
JLYF features real kids, parents, physicians, and award-winning public figures who care deeply about creating a kinder world through the power of film.
By submitting a piece in our film competition, you are joining us in our mission to create a kinder, more compassionate world through the power of film.
The Nicki winners will announced at The 2023 Power of Film Event on MARCH 3rd at the Midland Theater in Kansas City, MO!
The films will be judged by a national jury composed of experienced and accomplished filmmakers.
Winners will receive a Nicki Award and their work will be featured on Just Like You Films website and social media platforms.
1) There is no entry fee.
2) A separate form should be filled out for each submission, if you are submitting more than one film.
3) The duration of the film should be 5 minutes (or less).
4) All content should be original.
5) The film should be subtitled in English.
6) The film should not have any credits or watermark.
7) Just Like You Films will not bear any expenses for participants.
8) Just Like You Films has rights to screen these films on any collaborating media.
9) Only the approved films will be part of Just Like You Films and will be uploaded on official website and social media outlets.
Film criteria judges will be thinking about:
1). After the film I learned something I didn’t know about the unique circumstance.
2). The film gave me insight into what it is like to live life with a unique circumstance.
3). The film gave me tools to be kinder to those living with a unique circumstance.
4). If people see this film, it will have a positive impact on those living with a unique circumstance.