Tec Film Festival is one of the film festivals that focuses on the talent of young and audacious independent filmmakers not just from Mexico but from all over the world. We believe there should be a safe space to appreciate the incredible talent and persistence of these filmmakers hence its existence.
Focusing on not just artistic and experimental films as in the beginning, the festival is looking for films that covers any theme and message, as long as it is brilliant and a masterpiece in your eyes. films can cut across any of the three categories:
-Fiction Short film
-Experimental Short film
-Animation Short film
-Documentary Short film
Besides the contest, we offer the audience a variety of national and international content to turn the audience’s and the competitor’s participation, into a full and rewarding experience. Our festival’s location is in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, and the 4th edition will takes place from September 30th-October 4th 2024; anyone is invited to join us, indistinctly their age and place of precedence. If you’re interested in joining us, stay tuned to our web page (http://www.tecfilmfestival.com) to meet the packages we offer and the content that you’ll be able to enjoy if you decide to come.
The projects that are selected to form part of the official selection, will receive a diploma.
The award for best fiction short film, best animation short film, and best documentary and best experimental will receive cash prices granted by our sponsors as well as a commemorative trophy. The cash prices of the awardees are as follows below
Best fiction short film - $1500 and a commemorative trophy
Best animation short film - $1500 and a commemorative trophy
Best documentary short film - $1500 and a commemorative trophy
best experimental short film - $1500 and a commemorative trophy
There will also be prices and certificates awarded to runner-ups in all categories.
1. We accept only short fiction, documentary, experimental and animated films.
2. Your submission must be original work not commercially exhibited or distributed prior to Tec Film Festival (TFF) to be eligible for a cash prize; submission and screening at other festivals is fine.
3. You may submit more than one film; however, each submission must have a separate entry form and applicable fee.
4. Non-English films must have English subtitles.
5. Short Films: maximum 40 minutes
6. Submission format: Online through FilmFreeway
7. Entry fee is non-refundable and we do not pay screening fees (Fee may be waived for film students with prove who reside in Mexico.)
By submitting your film, you give Tec Film Festival permission to show your film during the festival and use your film, stills, synopsis, bio and other press kit material, supplied by you, to promote the festival.