TIAF- Tbilisi International Animation Festival is an international event, promoting Animation Art and Industry Development Culture through the Caucasus region and Internationally. TIAF is an educational and entertaining International event, dedicated to creating awareness of, and appreciation for, animation, video game, and related popular Art Forms, primarily through the presentation of events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of animation art and culture.
The festival includes parallel activities: professional and family workshops, animation and game jams, film and music, school programs, the presence of leading figures from the world of Animation, conferences, and other interesting events associated with audiovisual culture for children and young people.
The official awards of the Festival are:
1) Feature Film Competition
Grant-Prix TIAF, Best Feature Film
Jury Special Award
2) Short Film Competition:
Jury award for a Best Short film 3+ years category
Jury award for a Best Short film 7+ years category
Jury award for a Best Short film 10 + years category
Audience Award for Best Short film (selected from all age categories)
3) Best VR content:
Jury award to the best work in VR category
4) Best Game related content:
Jury award to the best Game related work
5) Series Competition
Best Series - Jury award to the best series
Best Film from Caucasus region
6) Best Student Film
In each competition, there is 1 (one) winner for each award.
In each competition, the honorable mentions can be attributed to more than 1 (one) film.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
TIAF – Tbilisi International Animation Festival is held every year in Tbilisi. It is an educational and entertaining International event, dedicated to creating awareness of, and appreciation for, animation, video game, and related popular Art Forms, primarily through the presentation of events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of animation art and culture.
The Festival is organized by the Georgian Animation Laboratory (AnimaLab), an organization promoting Animation Art and Industry Development Culture through the Caucasus region and Internationally.
The official languages of TIAF are Georgian and English
Any frame by frame or computer-assisted animated film, meeting the following requirements, will be considered eligible for the Festival:
• The film has to be completed after January 1st, 2019.
• The screening copy of the selected films must be in one of the following video formats: DCP, H264, MOV.
• Considering the international character of the festival all films must come with English subtitles.
• The running time of the film must be around/over 60 min for the feature film competition and up to 59 min for the short film competition.
• Three episodes per series (each up to 26 min) are allowed for the TV series competition.
• Films using copyrighted scripts, images and music without the consent of the copyrights owner, will not be allowed at the Festival.
The films will compete in the following categories:
• Feature films
• Short films
• VR Content
• TV series
• Game Related Content
• Student films
Not competitive sections:
• Best of Guest Festival
• The deadline for submitting Entry Forms and preview is October 5th, 2021. No entry forms and preview files will be accepted after this date. Organizers recommend submitting the films as early as possible, to increase the chances to be selected.
• You can submit your films via www.filmfreeway.com platform. Link: https://filmfreeway.com/TbilisiAnimationFestival
• Upon completion and submission of the entry form, each participant will receive a confirmation email on their own given email address.
If you do not receive such an e-mail, please contact organizers: email@example.com
• The copies for the official selection are to be uploaded only online either at the FTP server provided by the TIAF organizers or sent via a download link.
• The preview copy of the film can be in these formats only: MP4, MOV, H264
• The file name should be the same as the title of your film.
• Only correctly filled out entry forms will be accepted.
• Only one entry form must be submitted for each film.
Required Information for the Online Entry Form
• Short autobiography and filmography of the director (500 characters max.).
• Director’s photo (JPEG, obligatory).
• Three still images from the film (1920/1080 pixels, JPEG, obligatory).
• Annotation of the film (500 characters max.).
• A digital copy of the film for the selection.
• In case of voice-over screen commentary and/or dialogue in a language different from the official languages of the Festival, the films must be submitted with embedded English subtitles and an English dialogue list, or English subtitles list must be provided.
• Promotional materials (posters, flyers, etc.) for a better presentation of the film (optional). Providing a high-resolution poster is obligatory for feature films (minimum A4 size with 300 dpi).
• TIAF takes no responsibility for inaccuracies in the submitted materials.
• Application fee is non-refundable.
• The Organization Committee of the Festival chooses the Selection Committee.
• All members must be professionals, who are in touch with Animation Art.
• Films produced, promoted, or distributed by a member of the Selection Committee cannot be submitted for selection.
• The Selection Committee will select films from each category depending on their conceptual, aesthetic and technical qualities.
• The Selection Committee will select films for the competition programs.
• The decisions of the Selection Committee will be final and cannot be appealed.
• The results of the selection will be announced on the Festival website. The directors of the selected works will be notified in a timely manner.
• The decision of the selection committee will be announced by the mid of October.
• The screening copies of the films selected for the official competition program must be uploaded at the Festival FTP server or received through a download link no later than October 20th, 2021.
• The Organization Committee of the Festival will choose the International Jury members.
• The members of the Jury will be announced on the official TIAF website.
• The decisions of the International Jury members will be final and are not to be taken into question.
• The International Jury defines the program for the screening of the winner‘s films on the last evening of the Festival, which is determined by the remaining screening time and the organizing committee’s decision.
• In no case will TIAF cover travel expenses.
• Every person willing to attend the Festival as a guest can apply for accreditation at firstname.lastname@example.org
• All directors with films in the competition program and official guests of the Festival receive free accreditation.
• If a film is selected, the director or producer of the work must provide a copy of the film in the format, specified in the entry form.
• A selected film cannot be withdrawn from the competition. The Festival has the right to change the category of the selected film, change the Festival program without previous notice, and remove delayed or poor quality films from the competition.
• The International Jury has the right to withhold an award in any category if none of the films within the category meets their quality criteria.
• All films in the competition program and panorama are free of charge and will be screened throughout the course of the Festival.
• Festival Staff can use excerpts from the selected Films (no more than 10% for shorts, and no more than 3 min. for feature films) for advertising purposes via print, radio, trailer on TV or Cinema or Internet.
• Тhe entrant grants the Organization Committee the right to present the work and its promotional materials, free of charge, at the Festival's "echo" events.
• The Festival invites the producers of awarded films and films that took part in the competition to donate a copy of these films to the Festival Archive.
• The entrant is responsible for all copyrights, clearances, and permissions. TIAF takes no responsibility for violations of copyright law.
• All issues not addressed here are subject to the decision of the TIAF Organization Committee.
The author of the submitted work declares to accept the regulation in all its parts, you have the legal availability of the film and to authorize the public screening without compensation, freeing the organization of the Festival from any responsibility for the present and future. By entering the competition each author is responsible for the content of his works. The author declares to hold all rights to the work, not in any way prejudicing the rights of third parties, such as other authors, subjects portrayed, transferees of rights, along with those of music, etc.
With the submission of the film, VR content and/or game-related content, the entrant agrees with these Regulations.