5th Edition of ‘Taste of Anatolia - Films from Turkey’
5. Anadolu'nun Tadı - Türkiye'den Filmler Festivali
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN! - BAŞVURULAR AÇILMIŞTIR!
FESTIVAL RUNS FROM SATURDAY 4th - FRIDAY 10th NOVEMBER 2023
Launched in 2018 by UK based film charity Balık Arts, ‘Taste of Anatolia – Films from Turkey’ aims to showcase the rich and varied cultures of Turkey through film.
This year in November, the festival will present a contemporary mix of short, fiction, documentary and feature-length films. The films must be produced or co-produced from Turkey. We do not accept animated films.
The actors Kadir İnanır, Selda Alkor, Cengiz Bozkurt and Aziz Çapkurt are patrons of the festival in Turkey. They are joined by UK based Çiğdem Aslan, world renowned singer, and producer Ahmet Baydar. British Patrons of the festival include the actor Bhasker Patel and Baroness Smith of Newnham.
Our festival this year will be hybrid, consisting of in-person screenings in Cambridge/Cambridgeshire, Aylesbury/Buckinghamshire, Norwich/Norfolk and London, alongside streaming from our online film platform Balık Arts TV.
Good luck to all of the film submitters!
1. You must have the right to submit the film to the Taste of Anatolia Film Festival.
2. We accept short, fiction, documentary and feature-length films produced or co-produced in Turkey. We do not accept animated films.
3. The film’s year of production must be from: 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
4. All submitted films must contain English language subtitles; additional languages are also welcomed. Subtitles can only be embedded in the video file. SRT files are not accepted. If a third language is used we recommend using Turkish subtitles in addition.
5. If your film has been chosen for the festival you will need to send a final high-quality version to email@example.com. Please do this as soon as you receive a FilmFreeway notification. Video files must be in H.264 or mp4 for both the film and trailer if a trailer exists. Recommended resolution is 1920x1080. The minimum requirement is 1280x720.
6. For all submissions on FilmFreeway we will require accompanying materials such as a poster in jpeg or png format (portrait and landscape), cast & crew list, synopsis and any other available promotion. Social media handles should all be listed on the film’s FilmFreeway submission, including accounts for the film, director, actors and others involved in the film’s production so we are able to publicise it easily if it is chosen for the festival.
7. If your film is selected for the festival, you must send a high-resolution vertical headshot of the director, at least 5 stills from the film, a vertical poster and a trailer if any to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do this as soon as you receive a notification.
8. The decision of the programming committee will be final with no appeals process. Our committee has a small number of people, therefore we cannot give feedback if your film is not selected for the festival.
9. Please note we are unable to pay any screening fees. Taste of Anatolia is a non-profit festival which aims to be affordable. Ticket prices are kept to a minimum as we want great cinema to be accessible to all!