Cump Film Festival is the first youth-led independent student’s film festival in Kenya, that envisions setting up a film incubation hub for all budding African film makers. The festival is involved in assisting these budding film makers by setting up themed competitions, screenings and hands-on boot camp trainings.
The festival was founded mainly to identify talent, capacity build students and budding film makers where they can interactively share ideas, network with seasoned film practitioners and get equipped with both technical and business skills. We are targeting students who are already studying in colleges and university. We are as well targeting budding film makers who haven’t studied the craft but are practicing.
All the directors and producers of selected films are invited, and expected to attend and talk about their work in post-screening discussions. Renowned filmmakers, journalists or experts in the subject of the film shall host these discussions.This is the third edition of the CUMP Film Festival and we are striving to have it earn recognition in both the local and international grid. This event guarantees a high level of professionalism. We then strive to shun away from mediocrity and offer nothing but excellence.
Apart from screenings, the event will have a series of special events such as:
• Talks by industry professionals who will guide on the do’s and don’ts of film-making.
• Boot camp where students with little or no film making experience will learn how to go about it by engaging in one-on-one discussions as well as asking questions to the relevant personnel.
• An awarding session where outstanding films will be awarded under distinguished categories and an after party thereafter.
This year's festival is limited to KENYAN citizens living in Kenya within the duration of the festival.
BEST FILM AWARD
BEST FILM PROMOTING THE THEME AWARD
BEST DIRECTOR FILM AWARD
BEST ACTOR AWARD
AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD
BEST SCRIPTED FILM AWARD
Unless a special waiver is granted, a film must comply with the following conditions in order to be submitted:
– festival is limited to KENYAN citizens living in Kenya within the duration of the festival.
– participants of the submitted films MUST be within the (18-26) age bracket.
– producer(s) in the film MUST own the rights to the films submitted.
– submitted films should NOT be less than 7 minutes or exceed 25 minutes inclusive of opening and ending credits.
– stories submitted MUST be an original story.
– films containing any language other than English & Kiswahili MUST have subtitles.
– films MUST be shot, edited & submitted between 18th February 2022 to 28th March 2022.
– all films MUST be attached with a film poster for marketing.
– films should NOT have been screened at any international/regional/local festival.
– films made at Junior secondary school or High school level are NOT accepted for selection of this Festival.
(However, films produced within the studies in directing in a Film school or Film studies department of a University are eligible. )
March 28th 2022 00:00HRS (by this date, the entry form must have been filled in and the film uploaded).
Please fill in the application form and upload your film directly to our FilmFreeway website.
WE DON'T RECEIVE PROJECT LINKS.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE UPLOAD OF YOUR FILM
Submitted films MUST be in full HD 1920 x 1080 (1080p) resolution standard and FLAC/ WAV/or AIFF audio formats