We are currently offering our filmmakers on a limited time only a
15 % Off DISCOUNT Code: 15SIFF2018
SIFF is a live film festival, headquartered in BERLIN, Germany.
We are happy to announce that the festival takes place in
Berlin, Germany and Moscow, Russian Federation.
Films are eligible to be screened in both cities.
The Nominees and Winners will be announced
at the end of each season on our website (https://www.sunlightfilmfest.com/).
The Official Selections will be shown at the LIVE SCREENINGS,
we organize each year in Berlin/Moscow.
In the yearly competition are given the BEST OF YEAR AWARDS.
Next yearly organization is due to take place in October, 2018.
The films will be screened
at the Arsenal Berlin cinema theatre (cinemahall 2).
The Sunlight International Film Festival will showcase at least 50 films.
Out of the official selections,
an international jury will select one winner in each category.
The festivities will culminate in the announcement of the winners
of the SIFF 2018 at the Awards Ceremony
at the Arsenal Berlin cinema theatre (cinemahall 1).
Best Films will receive the SIFF Trophy.
In addition, Special Jury Prizes and prizes from our sponsors
will be awarded to several standout films and screenplays
at the discretion of the Jury.
The Sunlight International Film Festival is an IMDB eligible film festival.
This means that all selections and awards can be added to your
IMDB film listing.
Sunlight International Film Festival shows an amazing mix of short and feature length films, the best independent films on the festival circuit, before they come to cinema.
We screening films from all over the world and honoring emerging filmmakers from every age, religious, ethnic and cultural perspective.
Our mission is to bring worthy filmmakers to a wider attention,
and to provide a platform for appreciative and informed discussion of their work.
The Sunlight International Film Festival attempts to cultivate spaces for independent filmmakers to create and display their stories without commercial pressure, in order to discover and celebrate extraordinary films and develop independent filmmaking.
The Sunlight International Film Festival strives to set a standard for excellence in recognizing the important work of emerging talent and masters of the cinema craft.
Additional Screening Opportunities:
Films are eligible for multiple screenings.
Some of the winner films will also be screened at other film festivals.
The winners of each category will get our official AWARD CERTIFICATE
and the winners for yearly organization will take the TROPHIES.
All winners of awards receive PERSONALIZED trophies.
The organizers will nominate an international jury and a national jury. 2019 the juries will award the following prizes to films in the festival’s competition programmes:
GRAND PRIX for most promising talent
-BEST SHORT Film
-BEST FEATURE Film No-Budget
-BEST FEATURE Film Micro-Budget
-BEST GERMAN-LANGUAGE FEATURE Film
-BEST DEBUT Film
-BEST STUDENT Film
-BEST YOUNG Filmmaker
-BEST WOMAN Filmmaker
-BEST EXPERIMENTAL Film
-BEST HUMAN RIGHTS
-BEST ENVIRONMENTAL Film
-BEST ANIMATION Film
-BEST DRONE Film
-BEST MUSIC VIDEO
-BEST FILM SHOT ON SMARTPHONE/TABLET
-BEST FILM SHOT ON GOPRO
-BEST NEW MEDIA FILM
-BEST SHORT DRAMA
-BEST SHORT COMEDY
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD
The international jury may determine at its discretion the award an Honorable Mention to the films, directors, actors and deemed appropriate and relevant to distinguish over the other awards.
Each film we designate as an "OFFICIAL SELECTION" will receive a printable high-resolution .png image of our festival laurels to be used for marketing and promotional materials as the filmmaker sees fit.
The winning filmmakers will receive a printable high-resolution .png image of our festival laurels with the "WINNER" label to be used as the filmmaker sees fit.
1. Submission will accepted through FilmFreeway.
We’ll NOT screen your work online.
2. All films must be made after 2010.
3. Any foreign films must include English subtitles.
4. Festival times may be subject to delay or change.
5. All fees are non-refundable.
Tickets are non-refundable.
Entries will not be processed without entry fee payment.
No refund for non selected films and incomplete entries.
All submissions are final.
6. SIFF is not responsible for broken or non-functioning films.
7. Not all submissions received are selected for SIFF.
8. All genres and formats are considered eligible for nomination
at one or more competitive categories.
9. A fee is required upon submission.
For payment structures, visit the FilmFreeway website.
10. All genre films are accepted. Multiple entries are allowed.
You can submit more than one film to the same category or different categories.
One entry fee per category.
The same film can be entered into one or more categories,
but each category requires an entry fee.
10. No inquiries or arguments will be entertained regarding non selected films.
The decision of festival selection committee will be final.
11. Festival director reserves the rights to disqualify any film on certain grounds.
12. SIFF organizers reserve rights change, cancel or re-schedule
the dates, venue, awards & categories without consent or information to contestants.
13. The organizers reserve the right not to award any or all of the prizes.
14. SIFF and organizers reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
Sunlight International Film Festival will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
15. The decision of the management is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The decision of jury members will be final and accepted by all.
No inquiries orarguments will be entertained.
17. The Festival has the right to disqualify or remove
any winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
18. The Festival reserves the right to shut the festival at any time without any notification.
19. SIFF reserves the right to move the notification date
if the Festival need more time to make selection decisions.
20. Any Film, selected or not selected, will be a decision of selection panel which is final
and accepted by all.
21. Films are eligible for multiple screenings.
Some of the winner films will also be screened at other international film festivals.
To submit a film, you must have created the project yourself,
own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us.
By submitting your film, you agree that Sunlight International Film Fest can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster) for promotional purpose.
The applicant agrees to have read and accepted the rules & regulations for participation in the Sunlight International Film Festival. Under NO circumstance, the authorities of Sunlight International Film Festival and Competition will entertain or be answerable to anyone else apart from the applicant.