STIFF is Croatia’s first International Film Festival dedicated entirely to student films. Established by the SKC Rijeka (Student Culture Center) and organized in collaboration with Filmaktiv – the purpose of the festival is strengthening the student film and video industry by allowing an insight into the work of other fellow student filmmakers, encouraging the development of new ideas and establishing an international collaboration in the field of media production. STIFF’s main goal is to present the best of the student film production from all around the world and help them get their audiences. It strives to educate audiences about the quality of work of emerging filmmakers.
The festival will be held in Rijeka in October of 2017.
Because we are a non profit festival relaying mostly on public funding, all film screenings and events are free of charge - this year we found it necessary to charge a symbolic submission fee to help us improve our festival quality and keep us going. This year we are focusing on social issues films and therefore we are leaving the early bird deadline for submission of the category of social issues films free of charge.
**IF YOUR FILM DOES NOT CLEARLY ADDRESS A SOCIAL ISSUE PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT IT TO THE CATEGORY OF SOCIAL ISSUES FILMS
Awards & Prizes
Festival jury will award:
• Best Fiction Film
• Best Documentary
• Best Animated Film
• Best Debutant Film
• An audience award will be given to the Best Film
• Special mentions might be given to the outstanding talents from the fields of directing, production, acting, screenwriting, cinematography, editing, production design, sound design and score composing…
Rules & Terms
• All entries must be original, student created films or Debutant Film (the first film made after finishing film school)
• All the works for the competition category need to be finished after 1st of January 2015.
• By submitting your work you certify that you hold necessary rights for the presentation of this film at STIFF
• There is no limit to the amount of films that a filmmaker, producer or film school may submit.
• Fiction, documentary and animated student films up to 60 min. in length are eligible for the competition category.
• In order to be admitted, the materials must be in English or presented with English subtitles.
• If your film is selected we will ask you to send us a dialog list in English
• Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway and screeners must be password protected and not available for public online stream.
• Once a film has been submitted for participation it cannot be withdrawn.
• The Festival does not pay screening fees as it is a non-profit festival.
• The deadline for registration and delivery of materials is April 10th, 2017.
• STIFF has a no refund policy and reserves the right not to return any submission fees once the film is successfully submitted through Filmfreeway.