Stage 32 is proud to present the 3rd Annual TV Drama Screenwriting Contest!
You’ll meet industry professionals from companies including Script Anatomy, Waldorf Entertainment, Heroes & Villains Entertainment, Appian Way, Sugar23 and more!
Open to pilots!
This contest is accepting submissions of hour-long pilot scripts NOW through May 24th, 2023.
TV Dramas are easily the most talked about type of media right now. Streaming has made it so easy to become obsessed with shows like YOU and YELLOWSTONE. Not to say that network dramas aren't still killing it - classics like HOUSE, MD or LAW & ORDER are some of the most binged shows by those who watched them week to week and brand new fans, and current shows like GREY'S ANATOMY feel unstoppable, even after 18 seasons. Whether it's gossiping about SUCCESSION with your coworkers or live-tweeting the Cassie/Maddy showdown on EUPHORIA, we know you're talking about TV Dramas.
Last year, we set up our winner with 9 one-on-one meetings with industry pros currently working on television drama content. Our 10 finalists get amazing exposure too; last year’s finalists had their work requested by top production and management companies staffing and producing today's hottest shows!
If you have a television drama story that needs to be told, now is the time to show us what you've got, because our goal is to amplify your voice, give you the access Stage 32 is known for, and take your writing career to the next level!
Our Grand Prize winner will:
Be flown to LA for meetings (travel permitting) to meet with 7 top professionals currently working in the industry at companies like Heroes & Villains, Script Anatomy, Sugar23, Appian Way and Established Artists with credits including shows like SEVERANCE, TRANSPARENT, CHICAGO FIRE, A MILLION LITTLE THINGS, GINNY & GEORGIA, HOUSE, THE X-FILES, LUCIFER, THE HANDMAID'S TALE and more!
• Work with Stage 32 to develop your winning script’s pitch deck for the market
• Have your professional biography sent to an exclusive roster of over 30 agents and managers who have a First Look deal with Stage 32 and are actively looking for new clients and material
• Receive a free membership to the Stage 32 Writers’ Room, a private, virtual community of writers from around the world the meet and learn from industry professionals like Meg LeFauve (INSIDE OUT, CAPTAIN MARVEL) and Aimee Riviera, VP of Motion Picture Production at Skydance Media (TOP GUN: MAVERICK), Tripper Clancy (STUBER) and managers & agents from WME, CAA, Gersh, Circle of Confusion, Zero Gravity & more!
• Free access to Stage 32’s educational webinar library, which includes over 2,000 hours of content featuring top industry professionals
• Continued support from the Stage 32 team to help move your career forward and get you in front of decision makers!
ALL 10 Finalists will:
• Have your loglines presented to over 500 industry executives including literary managers, agents and producers in a Stage 32 lookbook. Past lookbook writers have been set up on meetings with and even signed with companies like 3 Arts Entertainment, UTA, APA, Art/Work Entertainment, Zero Gravity and more!
• Get a free three month membership to the Stage 32 Writers’ Room, a private, virtual community of writers from around the world the meet and learn from industry professionals like Meg LeFauve (INSIDE OUT, CAPTAIN MARVEL) and Aimee Riviera, VP of Motion Picture Production at Skydance Media (TOP GUN: MAVERICK), Tripper Clancy (STUBER) and managers & agents from WME, CAA, Gersh, Circle of Confusion, Zero Gravity & more!
ENTRANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Void where prohibited by law.
This Stage 32 Contest is an international contest. Must be 18 years or older to submit.
Entrant agrees to Stage32.com terms and conditions.
This Stage 32 Contest is not a game of chance. All material is read and reviewed by industry professionals.
All quarterfinalists, semi-finalists, finalists and winners are subjectively determined by our judges.
There is no limit to the number of screenplays an Entrant can enter. The same screenplay cannot be submitted multiple times under different names. If so, you will be disqualified.
Entrant must not be an immediate family member or friend of any of the judges or their respective companies.
Entrant acknowledges that because of the judges' and mentors' position in the entertainment industry they receive numerous submissions of ideas, formats, stories, suggestions and the like and that many such submissions heretofore or hereafter received by them are similar to or identical to those developed by them or their employees or, if an agent, are otherwise available to them.
Entrant acknowledges that they will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use by judges or mentors of any such similar material.
Entrant acknowledges that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between Entrant and judges or mentors, and Entrant further acknowledges that no such relationships are established between Entrant and judges or mentors by reason of this contest entry.
Entrants must submit screenplays and payment online.
Entrants must upload their submission within 72 hours of entry purchase.
Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted.
No waivers are available for this contest.
SCREENPLAY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Screenplays should be written in English and in standard industry format.
The rights to the Entrant’s screenplay should not have been previously optioned or sold.
The Entrant retains the rights to his or her screenplay at all times.
Entrant’s screenplay must not have been produced.
The screenplay can be submitted with or without a title page and/or contact information.
After a screenplay is entered, no new drafts or corrected pages can be made by the Entrant unless it is confirmed in our records that the Entrant has paid for the "Resubmission" option.
Screenplay must be submitted as a PDF document.
Screenplay must be the original work of the Entrant and may not be based whole or in part on any fictional or non-fictional material, published or unpublished, produced or unproduced for which the Entrant does not have rights. Neither Stage 32 nor its judges investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you are acknowledging that you have secured all necessary rights.
Using our new Feedback & Resubmission Option you will get 3-5 pages of coverage/notes back in 5-days with a guaranteed option to resubmit one (1) revised draft of your script up to 10 days after the Final Deadline! See what elements of your script are working and what still needs to be developed. You can position yourself for the best chance of success - all for an additional fee of only $99.
This option is good for a one-time use and is non-refundable/non-transferable if you do not enter an updated draft. Updated drafts will need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to be scored.