Make an award-winning film in under 8 minutes. Seriously, do it!
Announcing the Fourth Annual Single-Take Challenge, celebrating the short "One-Shot" film. The most fun you'll ever have making a movie.
OPEN TO ALL FILMMAKERS.
Brand new, genuine one-take films only. Any genre, any length up to 8 minutes maximum.
Each film submitted must be a single, continuous take film. NO cuts, NO editing (other than sound, color correction, titles etc.). As this is a "Challenge", the more creative the film, the better. The winning films will be the ones that have the most "WOW!"
Prizes: A beautiful Grand Prize trophy for Best Film. Additional trophies for Most Entertaining Film and Extraordinary Cinematography.
What counts most in this contest is originality, creativity, imagination, and the ability to surprise.
Cutoff Date: Midnight, August 15, 2019.
Finalist films and winners will be shown on the big screen in Polk County Florida, USA (just outside of magical Orlando).
Admission fee: $25 per film, or $20 for Earlybird special.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Films must be NEW and original films. To ensure that your film has been created specifically for this event, you will be asked to include a certain item in the film. READ RULES & TERMS BELOW FOR IMPORTANT DETAILS
Grand Prize trophy for Best Film. Additional trophies for Most Entertaining Film and Extraordinary Cinematography. Winners need not be present at awards ceremony in order to win.
READ THIS FIRST - VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS! Before you make your film, the item which must be in EVERY film submitted is.. "A Rose". The rose does NOT need to be an important part of your story, but you DO have to SHOW a rose -or- have a character SAY the word "rose" at some point in your film. It can be a picture of a rose, it can be a real rose, etc. WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR FILM, notify us when "rose" occurs in your film (example: "the female spy character says the word rose at the 2:13 mark in the film" or "a rose can be seen on the desk at the 4:21 mark").
And of course, each film submitted must be a single, continuous take film. NO cuts, NO editing (other than sound, color correction, titles etc.)
Any questions - email us at Singletakechallenge@gmail.com.
Now you're ready to get started. After planning out your film: 1) shoot your film, 8 minutes long max including credits. Don't forget to show or say the clue "rose" in there somewhere! 2) Submit your film on this website. Enter by June 15, 2019 for the discounted rate of only $20. 3) Tell us where we can see or hear the clue "rose" in your film.
Now for the fine print:
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Films must not exceed 8 minutes in length, including credits.
2. All non-English language films must have English subtitles or no dialogue.
3. A separate entry fee is required for each submission.
4. Submissions may NOT be withdrawn from the Festival once they have been entered, except at the sole discretion of the Festival.
5. All selected films may be excerpted (up to 2 minutes) for publicity purposes. Films submitted agree to be aired on Tampa Bay Entertainment and Education Network television and/or other venues.
6. After selection, notification letters will be sent electronically: please provide an email address.
7. Films are to be submitted via this web page unless specifically approved by the Festival.
8. Projects MUST be completed specifically for this Festival.
9. Filmmaker MUST have proper license to all copyrighted music, video, and images projected in their short film.
10. By entering the Challenge, you agree to abide by the rules. Films that are determined to have used FX to achieve the impression of single take will be disqualified.
As we have no real way to prove whether entrants' films are true single-takes, we are relying upon the honor system. By submitting your film, you are attesting to the fact that your film was shot in one single, continuous take with no cuts or edits.