Simorgh Festival is an international short film, documentary film, animation and poster festival organized by the Iran Ministry of Health and Medical Education. The Festival is run by Cultural and Student Department, with the support of various companies, organizations and individuals who endorse Simorgh’s objectives.
The festival focuses on “Culture of Health” with the aim of collating and screening high-quality short film, documentary film, animation and poster works of superior originality, provide excitement and inspiration to the audience as well as creators, cultivate new talent, and contribute to the development and promotion of culture of health and related industry.
Our 2020 Call for Entries is due open on 10th August, 2020. Please submit your short film, animation and poster online to be in with a chance of screening at the Iran’s leading animation, short film and poster festival.
Short film competition:
- The best short film, festival Trophy along with the honorary diploma and cash Prize.
- 2nd short film; honorary diploma and cash Prize
- 3rd short film; honorary diploma and cash Prize
Documentary film competition:
- The best documentary film, festival Trophy along with the honorary diploma and cash Prize.
- 2nd documentary film; honorary diploma and cash Prize
- 3rd documentary film; honorary diploma and cash Prize
- The best animation; festival Trophy along with honorary diploma and cash Prize
- 2nd animation; honorary diploma and cash Prize
- 3rd animation; honorary diploma and cash Prize
Poster competition: - First winner; Festival Trophy along with honorary diploma and cash Prize
- 2nd winner; honorary diploma and cash Prize
- 3rd winner; honorary diploma and cash Prize
Short Film, documentary film, Animation, Poster
There is no age limit for registering for the festival.
Works must be from 2018 to January 21, 2021, the deadline for production, publication, display, printing or distribution. All participants should produce their work according to the priorities in the field of health culture (main topics). Each participant can be sent to different groups without any restrictions. Works that have already been submitted to the previous Simorgh Festival will not be accepted even in the new version.
The theme of the festival is the maintenance and improvement of physical, mental, social and spiritual health including but not limited to :
- covid 19, education, awareness, coping with coronavirus
- Emphasis on health education, information and culture promotion
- The role of governments, in equitable access to health facilities
- Peace and the world free from violence
- Studying the consequences of social damages and their effects on individual health
- Healthy lifestyle and learning life skills and self-care
- Mental health, promoting vitality, happiness and dynamism and avoidance of stressful behaviors and environments
- Rehabilitation of chronic diseases or disabilities
- Happy and hopeful life
- Mental health and its significant effect on the increase of the quality of life
- Attention to fatal diseases and suggesting approaches for the prevention and treatment
- Culture-building in the area of organ transplantation, blood donation, AIDS and diseases caused by highrisk behaviors
- Focusing on digital health technologies
- The role of non-governmental organizations in promoting health