2018 season has concluded. See you in 2019!
The 2018 Shortcut100 Film Festival is the 6th annual short film showcase by Nebula Creatives L3C dedicated to recognizing and honoring independent filmmakers around the world. By filmmakers for filmmakers, our goal is to promote the visions and voices of others in our community. Every year we showcase a diverse range of short films, promoting the best of independent cinema to our audiences. Always held in unique locations, featuring a red carpet reception, after party, and plenty of filmmakers in attendance, we strive to bring together passionate storytellers and those who appreciate their work. We will be announcing our sponsors and partners in the next few weeks.
This year for our 6th anniversary, in additional to our Audience Award, which receives a Shortcut 100 certificate, we are offering 3 additional awards: (1) "Best Short Screenplay Award," (up to 20 pages in length); (2) a Women Filmmakers Award; and (3) a Best Shot-In-Chicago Award for short films produced locally.
For short film submissions in all categories:
By submitting your film to Shortcut 100, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
• Filmmakers must submit their films to Shortcut 100 Film Festival as URL links (YouTube or Vimeo) online. Do not send your master tape or original.
• EARLY BIRD submission deadline is MARCH 15, 2019. REGULAR deadline is JUNE 30, 2019. EXTENDED deadline is JULY 28, 2019.
• Submission of film constitutes your affirmation that it does not violate any copyright.
• Films must be 30 minutes or less. Films need to have been produced and/or completed between January 2016 and July 2019.
• The film(s) can be produced anywhere in the world.
• If selected, you must submit a bio and one or more high resolution production stills and/or promotional photos of key film participants. These files make it easier for Nebula Creatives to promote your film on the web, with media, and in the Festival program.
• The early submission fee is $20-25 per film, $25-30 for regular deadline, and $30-40 for extended deadline. The fee is non-refundable. (Do you follow us on Facebook and Twitter? You might be able to be eligible for a discount! Message us for more details.)
• Once entered, films may not be withdrawn from participation at Shortcut 100. Once withdrawn, the film may not be resubmitted.
• Applicant hereby grants Shortcut 100 Film Festival the right to utilize up to 60 seconds of the film for promotional purposes, also to use stills, biographical material, names and likenesses from the film for promotional purposes and in the Festival program. Further to provide copies of the film for journalists to review, to show the film at press screenings, if any, and during the Festival.
• Shortcut 100 Film Festival will use its best efforts to ensure the correct title and credits are listed in the Festival Program, but shall not be held liable for inadvertent errors or omissions.
• Festival programmers and judges shall determine selections and together with the festival audience for the award winners, if any, at their sole discretion.
• Shortcut 100 Film Festival reserves the right to decide all questions not specifically provided for in the Terms and Conditions.
• Nebula Creatives reserves the right to adjust dates and times of film screenings without notice. Nebula Creatives shall not be responsible for delays or cancellations due to equipment failure, shipping problems, or films damaged in transit.
• Any work produced or submitted by festival personnel or staff involved in organizing any aspects of the festival will not be accepted.
Guidelines for All Short Scripts:
• Scripts must have been completed after January 1, 2017.
• Submitted Short scripts need to be between 10 and 20 pages in length and must be an original script and the sole property of the applicant(s). No exceptions.
• All non-English language short scripts will need to be translated and submitted in English.
• A separate entry form and additional entry fee must be submitted for each script.
Submissions need to be the final version; no corrections or substitutions of pages will be
allowed once the script is uploaded into the web portal.
• Entries will need to be uploaded as a PDF.
• Scripts must not be in production.
• All ages are eligible.
• Submissions to the Short script contest are required to have a Cover page with the following information:
Page Count (excluding the Cover Page)
Contact Email Address (can include two email addresses if applicant so desires)
Phone Number (please include area code)
• If a submitted script becomes optioned, produced or purchased between the time of submission and the end of the judging period, that script will no longer be eligible to win an award.
• Scripts, including outlines, treatments, pitches, log lines or any developmental material related to the script, that have previously won any contest, competition, grants, lab, fellowship, mentorship, reading or award of any kind, are not eligible.
• Scripts submitted under a pen name will be immediately disqualified.
• The title for the script cannot be changed and resubmission later under a different name.