Shockfest puts an emphasis on community and supporting filmmakers and writers of cutting edge content from ALL GENRES. We put a strong emphasis on outreach and customer service, we are extremely receptive to communication and tend to respond within 24-48 hours when contacted at email@example.com
Shockfest hosts multiple film festivals all year and a submission to Shockfest is a submission to ANY Shockfest event we organize without discrimination, so you COULD screen at every Shockfest Film Festival of the season for you to submit to. Submitting early is ideal to take full advantage of the interactive shows, competitions, livestreams and award opportunities we produce all year! These events lead up to our main big event at the end of the year (THE DATE OF OUR EVENT ON FILMFREEWAY...WE HOLD MORE SHOCKFEST FILM FESTIVALS BESIDES OUR DECEMBER SHOW!!!)
A SINGLE SUBMISSION GOES EXTREMELY FAR!! SUBMIT TODAY AND ELEVATE YOUR PRODUCTION WITH THE SUPPORT OF THE SHOCKFEST COMMUNITY :)
Below are the award winners and categories for Shockfest 2022...
BEST TRAILER: TRAILER COMPETITION
BEST MONSTER: MONSTER COMPETITION
BEST STUDENT FILM
BEST MUSIC VIDEO
Time and Fury
BEST SHORT SCREENPLAY
The Puppet King by Jonathan P. Dittman
Snow White From Queens by Diana Lee Woody
BEST DANCE/EXPERIMENTAL FILM
How Many Spiders?
BEST LGBTQ+ FILM
MOCKFEST AWARD: BEST COMEDY FILM
Make America Bake Again
BEST HAUNTED GARAGE FILM
BEST CULT FILM
Seeing Diane Arbus
BEST ANIMATED FILM
BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM
Mike Mignola: Drawing Monsters
Justin Miles - You Promised
Debra Lamb - Blood Covered Chocolate
Umberto Ottaviani - IVI ELV
Brad Rego - Cryptid
(1) Entries must be sent via Secure Online Screener (UNLESS SPECIFIED IN OUR PREFERRED DELIVERY METHOD EMAIL...PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAILS REGULARLY, WE LOVE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU).
(2) Films CAN be tied to a DISTRIBUTION DEAL, The Horror Factory does not discriminate so long as the filmmaker is comfortable with submitting their work.
(3) Participants agree that their film or clips from it and all other material related to their project may be used and/or published in the event program, Shockfest web site and for any promotional purposes which Shockfest deems appropriate.
(4) No viewing tapes and/or promotional materials will be returned to the filmmaker.
(5) If selected, all commercial/private property including all trademark/copyrighted materials shown or recorded on the project is the responsibility of the filmmaker. Shockfest will NOT take responsibility for any infringement of copy written materials.
(6) The cost of delivery and pick-up of all materials is the responsibility of the filmmaker.
(7) Shockfest holds no responsibility for lost or damaged prints. While the utmost care will be taken with regard to prints, it is solely up to the filmmaker to take full responsibility (i.e. insurance). The Shockfest, its officers, directors, volunteers and sponsors are held harmless by filmmaker for all claims financial or otherwise and from any damage to the print in route or otherwise during the course of the Festival's possession of the film; Films submitted may not be subject to any litigation nor threatened by any litigation.
(8) By submitting an entry, filmmaker states that he or she is responsible as an agent to promote the film and that the film is an original work.