Shockfest is Hollywood's 10 year running horror festival, specializing in showcasing the most edgy, controversial, unique and cutting edge content and supporting the independent film maker.
(1) Entries must be sent via Secure Online Screener.
(2) Films can be tied to a DOMESTIC DISTRIBUTION DEAL.
(3) Participants agree that their film or clips from it and all other material related to their project may be used and/or published in the event program, Shockfest web site and for any promotional purposes which Shockfest deems appropriate.
(4) No viewing tapes and/or promotional materials will be returned to the filmmaker.
(5) If selected, all commercial/private property including all trademark/copyrighted materials shown or recorded on the project is the responsibility of the filmmaker. Shockfest will NOT take responsibility for any infringement of copy written materials.
(6) The cost of delivery and pick-up of all materials is the responsibility of the filmmaker.
(7) Shockfest holds no responsibility for lost or damaged prints. While the utmost care will be taken with regard to prints, it is solely up to the filmmaker to take full responsibility (i.e. insurance). The Shockfest, its officers, directors, volunteers and sponsors are held harmless by filmmaker for all claims financial or otherwise and from any damage to the print in route or otherwise during the course of the Festival's possession of the film; Films submitted may not be subject to any litigation nor threatened by any litigation.
(8) By submitting an entry, filmmaker states that he or she is responsible as an agent to promote the film and that the film is an original work.