Shockfest puts an emphasis on community and supporting filmmakers and writers of cutting edge content from ALL GENRES. We put a strong emphasis on outreach and customer service, we are extremely receptive to communication and tend to respond within 24-48 hours when contacted at email@example.com
Award categories change a little bit every year. 2021 (year 13) Shockfest awarded5 $666 cash prizes alongside a unique trophy to the following 5 categories:
SHOCKING STUDENT FILMMAKER AWARD
THE FILM FIGHT COMPETITION
Below are the award winners and categories for Shockfest 2021...
BEST FEATURE FILM
A Place Among The Dead by Juliet Landau
Michael Su - Death Count
Juliet Landau - A Place Among The Dead
Jimmie Laine - Cockazoid
Joseph Russio - Beyond Dark Dreams
MOST SHOCKING STUDENT FILMMAKER AWARD
WreckVlogs by Jackson Cooperman
BEST ANIMATED FILM
Burger Royale by Gary Francis Roche
BEST CULT FILM
Clowning by P.M. Lipscomb
The History of Metal and Horror by Mike Schiff
An Ideal Host by Robert Woods
BEST DRAMA FILM
Wives of the Skies by Honey Lauren
BEST EXPERIMENTAL FILM
Locked. by Sean Imamkhan
BEST FANTASY FILM
The Berlin Bride by Michael Bartlett
BEST SHORT FILM
The Carducci Talent Show by Anthony Fanelli
BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM
SĪBĬLUM by Luigi Scarpa
The Witch on Bridge St. by Luke St. Germaine
MOCKFEST AWARD: BEST COMEDY
Lost Treasure Of The Valley by Robert Husted
BEST MUSIC VIDEO
Parasite - Lunarcode by Vincenzo Carubia, Jessica Gillette
FILMMAKER TIP COMPETITION
MUSEUM OF PARANORMAL EXHIBITS AND ARTIFACTS AWARD
Vulture City ParaCon - Jay Yates and Marie Yates
(1) Entries must be sent via Secure Online Screener.
(2) Films can be tied to a DISTRIBUTION DEAL, The Horror Factory does not discriminate so long as the filmmaker is comfortable with submitting their work.
(3) Participants agree that their film or clips from it and all other material related to their project may be used and/or published in the event program, Shockfest web site and for any promotional purposes which Shockfest deems appropriate.
(4) No viewing tapes and/or promotional materials will be returned to the filmmaker.
(5) If selected, all commercial/private property including all trademark/copyrighted materials shown or recorded on the project is the responsibility of the filmmaker. Shockfest will NOT take responsibility for any infringement of copy written materials.
(6) The cost of delivery and pick-up of all materials is the responsibility of the filmmaker.
(7) Shockfest holds no responsibility for lost or damaged prints. While the utmost care will be taken with regard to prints, it is solely up to the filmmaker to take full responsibility (i.e. insurance). The Shockfest, its officers, directors, volunteers and sponsors are held harmless by filmmaker for all claims financial or otherwise and from any damage to the print in route or otherwise during the course of the Festival's possession of the film; Films submitted may not be subject to any litigation nor threatened by any litigation.
(8) By submitting an entry, filmmaker states that he or she is responsible as an agent to promote the film and that the film is an original work.