Shockfest is the 5 city, 13 year running Film Festival, specializing in innovative, interactive experiences and cutting edge content of ALL GENRES with a weekly live stream for updates, information, networking and showcasing the work of official submitters even before official selection status is made.
Award categories change a little bit every year. 2021 (year 13) Shockfest will be offering $666 cash prizes alongside a unique trophy to the following 5 categories:
SHOCKING STUDENT FILMMAKER AWARD
THE FILM FIGHT COMPETITION
Below are the award winners and categories for Shockfest 2020...
THE MUSEUM OF PARANORMAL EXHIBITS AND ARTIFACTS AWARD
Attack of the Unknown
Joe Lujan - Billy
CAPTIVE AUDIENCE AWARD
100 Acres of Hell
Brandon Slagle - Attack of the Unknown
J.M. Logan - The Relic
BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM
Dee Wallace - Await The Dawn
Richard Grieco - Attack of the Unknown
Daniel Lazoff - The Invisible Mother
Pablo C. Vergara - Necromurder
BEST MUSIC VIDEO
Brian Cichocki - Dennis Dunaway: Cold Cold Coffin
EXCELLENCE IN MEDIA IN THE FIELD OF THE PARANORMAL AWARD
Buried Secrets Paranormal
Destiny Soria - Christmas Slasher
Christopher Maggard - Rosa Leigh
ONE SHEET COMPETITION
Christopher Beaubien - Siren
Mikeal Burgin - Lockridge
DIRECTOR'S REEL COMPETITION
FILM FIGHT/QUARANTINE COMPETITION
Amy Geist - Enjoy Your Stay
Leslie Bornstein - Terra Pesada
BEST ROCKFEST MUSIC SINGLE TRACK
Morbidly Delirious - Possessed
Clarissa Jacobson - Lunch Ladies
BEST MOCKFEST SCREENPLAY
Suzanne Friedman - Polar Ratz
(1) Entries must be sent via Secure Online Screener.
(2) Films can be tied to a DISTRIBUTION DEAL, The Horror Factory does not discriminate so long as the filmmaker is comfortable with submitting their work.
(3) Participants agree that their film or clips from it and all other material related to their project may be used and/or published in the event program, Shockfest web site and for any promotional purposes which Shockfest deems appropriate.
(4) No viewing tapes and/or promotional materials will be returned to the filmmaker.
(5) If selected, all commercial/private property including all trademark/copyrighted materials shown or recorded on the project is the responsibility of the filmmaker. Shockfest will NOT take responsibility for any infringement of copy written materials.
(6) The cost of delivery and pick-up of all materials is the responsibility of the filmmaker.
(7) Shockfest holds no responsibility for lost or damaged prints. While the utmost care will be taken with regard to prints, it is solely up to the filmmaker to take full responsibility (i.e. insurance). The Shockfest, its officers, directors, volunteers and sponsors are held harmless by filmmaker for all claims financial or otherwise and from any damage to the print in route or otherwise during the course of the Festival's possession of the film; Films submitted may not be subject to any litigation nor threatened by any litigation.
(8) By submitting an entry, filmmaker states that he or she is responsible as an agent to promote the film and that the film is an original work.